Where do I post reviews on sims?

XNekoOrionX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

your review is fair, though I was perhaps hoping you would understand my perspective of the situation with this explanation. I thought there was a way to review Sims, perhaps in a category of "Star Wars" for say. Rather then have someone go to a sim and waste resources they know which ones are recommended and which ones are not suggested either do to bad administration or unfair rights. Its no different then reviewing a store that you buy from because you like what they sell. Perhaps I will get involved in a way to categorize sims so SL players can go down a recommendation list rather then explore and waste time or have bad encounters with unfortunately ill mannered SL users. NONE THE LESS, I highly appreciate you're comment Thank you, Rolig Loon.

I am not aware of a website specifically dedicated to rating and reviews of Private Regions.

You make a website called Rate my Region ... or something like that..

It's a good idea, there are some liabilities.

Of course, you would want quality reviews, as well as the negative ones.

It would be helpful if the Region owners could leave comments as owners, and visiting Residents with experiences to share, would be identified as such.

Someone would have to moderate. The focus would be to maintain an welcoming atmosphere for civil discussions of reviews.

Here at this Forum, direct names cannot be used, it is a violation to flame.

If you want to share your experience, without naming names, Many of the people here, would be happy to read your comments.

When I visit a Privately Owned Region, I look to see who owns the Land, and if uninvited guest are welcomed.

If a Region is advertising as Public, that changes things.

Edit: The category in the link below, would be an appropriate category.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/bd-p/GeneralDiscussionForum

• Like 1

XNekoOrionX wrote:

I have seen a bad sim and wish to know where to post reviews on the sim at. Does anyone know where I can review a sim, so other SL users can avoid it perhaps and not waste time?

Greetings, XNekoOrionX.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Earlier today someone started a thread slating a Marketplace vendor.  The correct action would have been perhaps to have added a review to the Marketplace item, but they were out to just give the vendor a bad name, because they had a bad experience.

I have no doubt that if there were a place that you could post reviews about a sim, it would only serve to be good advertising, regardless of whether the sim was deemed to be good or bad in the eyes of one individual.

If you feel strongly against a sim, I advise you to actually not waste any more time on thinking about it, and go visit one of the many thousand other good sims there are in Second Life.

Well, if you want a "recommended" list, you can try the Destination Guide. Sims listed there have all been nominated by their owners but have been vetted by Linden Labs staff on several criteria. That doesn't give the list the same free-for-all flavor that a user-generated, wiki-like one would, but it does result in a selection of very good sims to visit. IMO, that's a lot more fruitful than trying to create a list of the worst sims in SL. A list that focuses on what doesn't work is likely to get bogged down in politics, drama, back-biting, and a lot of pointless subjective definitions of what's "bad". I'm sure that there are probably blogs that do that sort of thing, but that's not my idea of a good way to enjoy SL.

• Like 1

There is no place sponsored by Linden Lab where you can slam a person or a region.  You can post a negative review of a product on the Marketplace, but that's about it.

Several times, there have been attempts to form a resident-run "Better Business Bureau" type of service in SL, and they always fail...because people post false accusations, or the owners promote or protect their personal friends and favorites...in other words, people game the system to death.

You can start your own blog outside of SL, and say whatever you want to about whoever you want to...being careful not to transgress the libel laws.  Some people have enough bile in them to actively enjoy this sort of thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.