login failed

behfar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi.i just create an account.but i can't login.i tried different viewer.i read lots of post but i still can't login.please help

it says:

login failed

despite our best effort something unexpected has gone wrong

please check statue.secondlifegrid.net to see if there is a known problem with the service.

if you continue to experience problems .please check your network and firewall setup.

i use dsl connection .and freegate proxy.i sat the viewers' proxy setting.

XP

computer processors : pentium(R) dual-core.cpu E5200 @ 2.50GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 6500

YES I DID.I  followed  the advice in that message.my firewall does not block any thing.and my internet connection is ok.

i am using  a direct cable connection.

i am really sorry but i don't know anything about router.can you explain it?

so what do you think?what can i do with my graphics card.i didn't have any problem with it.i must mention this that i can't buy a new one at this time.

thank you for helping me.

oh.i know about that.i will do it.thank you

i am from iran.from a country in asia.so i am so far from linden.but  as i said i use proxy.

7 answers to this question

We can't help either.  You didn't give us any information that might tell us what's wrong.  You didn't even tell us what sort of computer you have or how you are connected to the Internet.  It might be useful to know what happens when you try to log in.  Do you get an error message?  Exactly what error message?  How far do you get through the login process? You can tell us all of these things and more by clicking on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and selecting EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

Thank you for adding information.  So, did you follow the advice in that message?  Did you check to be sure that you do not have a firewall blocking access to Second Life?  Did you do a full check of your Internet connection to be sure that you do not have problems there?  Have you rebooted your router?  You said that you are using DSL, but are you using a direct cable connection, NOT wireless? 

Your graphics card is extremely old, BTW.  The GeForce 6500 was marketed in 2005.  Since then there have been major advances in graphics cards.  Your card may be inadequate for handling the heavy graphics demands of Second Life.

behfar wrote:

[ ... ]

i am really sorry but i don't know anything about router.can you explain it?

so what do you think?what can i do with my graphics card.i didn't have any problem with it.i must mention this that i can't buy a new one at this time.

thank you for helping me.

You should normally reboot your router once a week or so.  Just unplug it from the power for a few minutes and then plug it back in again.  That clears its RAM and lets it get a new grip on your IP address. 

If you are very far from Linden Lab, you may also have a problem with ping time.  You may not be able to do anything about that.  The problem is that if it takes too long for data to travel between LL's servers and your computer, the program may time out and crash.  You might check with your ISP to see if anything can be done.

There's nothing you can do to improve an ancient graphics card except buy a new one.  Sorry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.