Getting bored with SL

Alimaah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, Alimaah

I really don't understand this word - "bored".

And as for fitting in, everyone fits right into Second Life, exactly as they are, including you.  

Deep conversation, real friendships that last, these are things that do not land in your lap.  You might have to work a little on focussing your attention in one place for a while.

Second Life is more like a box of chocolates than real life, with a goodly selection of what to do next on the Destination Guide.

Join groups inworld that encourage deep conversations in the topic(s) of your choice - fact or fiction, it's all there if you just look for it.

More suggestions will surely follow. 

Welcome to the forums, Alimaah!

One of your profile tags is "Writing is my passion" yet, beyond the interest tags, your profile is blank. Write a bit more about yourself in your profile! It will be easier for people to approach you if your profile shows that you are approachable. I also see that you've either joined no groups, or have made all your group memberships invisible and that you have but two picks. It's not necessary to join groups, nor fill up your pick list, but those efforts also tell people about your interests and groups can be good ways of disccovering new people and new things to do.

There are countless people here who are capable of, and would love to, have deep conversations. But they are not omniscient, so you must make your presence known! If you wish to get a return on your investment in SL, you must actually make an investment.

;-)

Good luck!

Alimaah wrote:

Hello everyone! How are you? I'm looking to get back into SL, but I'm bored, because I am having trouble fitting in, as I love deep conversation, real friendships that last, and some fun adventures. With friends, it's always better. Any ideas?

Look me up if you wish Alimaah.  Lets see if we can chase the bordom away!

Peace!

Hi there...

It can be easy to get "bored" in here. You come in..do the same things...talk to the same people or worse yet, they're not in.

My suggestion is to try something new. There are LOTS of different things to do in SL. A friend of mine tried so many different "kinks" that she should write a book on them...

Besides the more adult stuff..like dollies and ponygirls and puppygirls, there are Vampire sims; Old West Sims; Alien Civilizations...lots of things to explore.

Check out the forums..especially the Role Play section and see what you can find.

Good Luck!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.