Sign in to follow this  
Jonah Listern

How Do I fix my eyebrow problems?

Question

10 answers to this question

I wonder .... are you wearing new mesh hair?  I ask specifically because of your comment about what happens when you zoom out.  Mesh or sculpty items drop to a lower LOD (Level of Detail) when you view them from a distance.  In your case, the lower LOD might make them appear to vanish, leaving you looking at the basic eyebrows that you can manipulate with your Appearance settings.  As an experiment, try increasing your viewer's LOD setting a little (not over about 3.5 at most).  You can do that in Firestorm with the slider in the Quick Preferences button on your lower taskbar.  In V3 or other viewers, you may have to take the longer route: (Open your Advanced menu >>> Debug Settings >> RenderVolumeLODFactor).

• Like 2

Nah I rarely ever use mesh hair but I do wear a mesh jacket with Alpha... but it also does that when I have no mesh in sight. I have increased RENDERVOLUMELODFACTOR to 4.0 and that did not affect my avitar appearance (prims just looked really nice hehe). I started noticing this problem when I was switching viewers to see which one has the best performance, I've settled down to Singularity's latest 1.7.2 but it was happening the same way with Pheonix, and yes whenever I switched viewers I completely whiped out all files that had anything to do with SL before installing a different one (including temporary files and preference storage that came up to about 100 - 300MB) therefore when I install a different viewer I start over with the preference settings.

Well, it was worth a shot. You do seem to be installing correctly too. People who don't do a clean install can inherit all sorts of problems. I'm momentarily as a loss to explain your eyebrow problem, unfortunately.

BTW. 4.0 is excessive for your LOD setting. You're making your viewer work harde3r for only a negligible gain. Firestorm defaults to 3.2 when you install it, which is fine for most people.

Thank you, Jonah, for uploading the photos. 

The eyebrows are not the problem. I do think that if anyone else is in the room with you, your eyebrows never move, but your viewer is giving you the wrong information when you zoom out or teleport.

Second Life is full of little quirks like this, that come and go, from week to week, as new code and bug fixes are introduced each Tuesday into the whole of the grid. Hopefully, with the next update of the viewer, this will stop happening for you. 

Please check you have the most current version of your viewer of choice, and also ensure our graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

• Like 1

Well once they have raised and I don't make any changes it stays that way (raised) wherever I go until I lower them with Edit Appearance... this latest update seems to be causing a lot of residence different kinds of problems so most of us are just accepting it and waiting for them to fix the bugs. I guess I'll just be walking around looking like I want to smile but too lazy :P thanks guys for your responses. I'll post again if I find the solution (perhaps when they release another update)