Is Assange an "information terrorist"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I care that the government will conger up anything to bring down anyone they want. Your civil rights are a joke. Just like the soccer mom  who suposedly ran a multi million dollard brothel from her low income rent home.... She is being railroaded by the "corruption" unit., fabricating evidence to get her to talk on an official whom they want to target... When governments engage in this activity it is no better than a dictatorship

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krystina Ferraris wrote:

He is however  a pompous jerk who hides behind "freedom of speech".

Seeing that he's been declared an 'Enemy Of The State' by a country that assumes for itself the right to kill anyone, anywhere in the world, without judicial oversight, I'd say he has every reason to hide behind something.

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

This is not a question about who or what should be declared heroic. This rather should be a commentary about the sad state of global politics in our times.

The state of global politics of the 1930's- '40's were better?

How about 1900's-1920's?

How about 1860's?

Perhaps the 1840's?

What was a happy time for you in global politics?  

What Julian Assange did for Australians was clearly point out even though we live and a so called liberal democracy , both the government and opposition parties are willing to sell of our human rights to pacify our so called allies .As an Australian travelling at the moment I would rather seek aid from a neutral embassy such as the Swiss Embassy than depend on my own embassy as I may wait for ever .Despite being Australian the government has failed to ensure Julian Assange's rights as an Australian citizen to a fare trial  and ensure  that he is not extradicted through stealth  to the US.

GaiusValerius wrote:

.Despite being Australian the government
has failed to ensure Julian Assange's rights as an Australian citizen to a fare trial  and ensure  that he is not extradicted through stealth  to the US.

I did not know Julian Assange is 'wanted' for trial in the U.S..  I did not know the U.S. was seeking extradition of Julian Assange.   I DO know Julian Assange is wanted for questioning for allegations of rape in Sweden.  I do know that Assange soaked his friends and supporters when he skipped on the bail after fighing extradition to Sweden, and losing.  I do know that the U.S. could have 'snatched' him anytime they wanted while he was living in a mansion while waiting for his appeals to end... they did not.   

DQ Darwin wrote:

Okay: Our city council is proposing that residents be restricted to a
1 bag limit...yes....1 bag limit
for weekly garbage....does anyone have an opinion?

Your 2nd post to SLF in 6 months and this^^ is your contribution to civil discourse?  I thought all the garbage was collected already.  

DQ Darwin wrote:

Oh cool:smileysurprised:

Survey or study for SL

Hmmm...my only frame of reference is my own garbage.  In order to form an opinion, I'm going to need to know how big the bag is. 

Aaaawww you're keeping score, how sweet. Do you now control what one should say, the number of times they should post? This forum is for SL content not your private rap sheet, stick to the program.

No the garbage is not all gone, I normally have 3 bags to toss.

Do I really care about what you think of Assange or for that matter anything else.

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Your 2nd post to SLF in 6 months and this^^ is your contribution to civil discourse?  I thought all the garbage was collected already.  

That's the trick Ima SIZE. The weight is limited to 22lbs now that is a lot of garbage, right.

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Survey or study for SL

Hmmm...my only frame of reference is my own garbage.  In order to form an opinion, I'm going to need to know how big the bag is. 

DQ Darwin wrote:

That's the trick Ima SIZE. The weight is limited to 22lbs now that is a lot of garbage, right.

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Survey or study for SL

What happens if it is greater that 22 lbs?

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Survey or study for SL

It's left curbside, sigh

DQ Darwin wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Survey or study for SL

It's left curbside, sigh

I suppose I could cope with the one bag limit, but having to weigh my garbage to ensure compliance and pick up would be off putting.

he is more than an Enemy of the State. his persecution is highly political, he got an Interpol red notice for violating a parole in the UK, a higher level than Muammar Gaddafi. for violating a parole, the UK was going to use for the first time a law that would allow them to violate the sovereignty of another country and enter an embassy.

the United States says it has nothing against Assange, but ordered Amazon, Paypal, Visa, to stop providing their services to him.

how important is he that they have to resource to those levels of persecution?

I'm just not sure I want Joe the garbage man to have that kind of control. He could effectively shut down a service paid for in my property taxes, would the next step be the fire department deciding if they will answer a call or not? Control in the wrong spot here.

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

Survey or study for SL

It's left curbside, sigh

I suppose I could cope with the one bag limit, but having to weigh my garbage to ensure compliance and pick up would be off putting.

Assange has had no news coverage here lately, what with a 30 year old teacher nipping off with a 15 year old student (maths teacher - as if that has any relevance to anything), or it might have been a 15 year old girl who has enticed the teacher, depends on your viewpoint.

Here in the UK, the impact of one man who may or may not have committed heinous crimes in other countries would not make the government here flinch, but when faced with a pile of garbage in any form, that could potentially be recycled, well now you're talking controversy.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Solaria Goldshark wrote:

What "firm stance" have you taken recently where you've risked as much?

Helping save lives (regardless or race, creed, color, or country) on September 11, 2001.  And you?  Or are you just mouthing words?  

I stand corrected...Words are easy. Actions speak volumes...and thank you for that on such a horrific day.

Let's turn the slogan for that day "Never Forget" into an attitude of helping to save lives (regardless of race, creed, color, or country) on every day.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

he is more than an Enemy of the State. his persecution is highly political, he got an
for violating a parole in the UK, a higher level than Muammar Gaddafi. for violating a parole, the UK was going to use for the first time a law that would allow them to violate the sovereignty of another country and enter an embassy.

the United States says it has nothing against Assange, but ordered Amazon, Paypal, Visa, to stop providing their services to him.

It is no longer that he is 'more' than an enemy of the state; this afternoon he was declared by the U.S. Military as being an "enemy of the state."  Which It is not the same as being on Santa's wish list.  He wrote his own death sentence.  There will be no arguments whether he can be safely harbored in any country... he is now wanted dead or alive.  He can be 'taken out' in any country, state, house, bedroom, and/or toilet of his choosing, or he can turn himself in to the U.S. Military.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Canoro Philipp wrote:

he is more than an Enemy of the State. his persecution is highly political, he got an
for violating a parole in the UK, a higher level than Muammar Gaddafi. for violating a parole, the UK was going to use for the first time a law that would allow them to violate the sovereignty of another country and enter an embassy.

It is no longer that he is 'more' than an enemy of the state; this afternoon he was declared by the U.S. Military as being an "enemy of the state."  Which It is not the same as being on Santa's wish list.  He wrote his own death sentence.  There will be no arguments whether he can be safely harbored in any country... he is now wanted dead or alive.  He can be 'taken out' in any country, state, house, bedroom, and/or toilet of his choosing, or he can turn himself in to the U.S. Military.

And a Seal team will be dispatched to deal with this terrorist and his body dumped at sea?

Good thing we know exactly where he is at then...saves all that hullabaloo of searching though caves and such.

the curious thing is that he has not broken any law of the United States of America.

he only did his job as a journalist, tell the truth.

also, the United States forget that it is a country, and they have no right to step into another country without permission, just like they wouldnt like if the military of every other country gets into their land to do whatever they like.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.