A question about marketplace “Enhanced” Listings

Erika Delbonnel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello there

A week ago I activated the "Enhanced" listings for one of my products in the Secondlife Marketplace (the first time I do it) but I have seen positive change about it, ie still selling the same as before and there is no change in the top searched list. And when I check it out the marketplace web page does not appear even in my store.

Perhaps I have misunderstood how it works and someone can help clarify this issue or perhaps I should report it to Linden Lab?

Thanks for your answers

banner.jpg

5 answers to this question

Enhanced listings in my opinion are useless. A lot of people will have different opinions on it. Lets take a look at the facts. You are NOT the only person paying for an enhanced listing, there are literally thousands of people doing it, so the probability of seeing your own stuff show up on the frontpage, or category front page (depending on which one you paid for) is very very low. You might have to sit there for many many hours just refreshing the page to maybe see it once. This DOES NOT mean that your ad is not being shown, there are thousands upon thousands of people browsing the MP at any one time, so the probability over all that your listing is shown is where it should be.

ETA: Your enhaced listing would not appear on your own store page.

• Like 2

I have to agree with Darren.  I tried using classified ads for a while, years ago now, and decided after a valiant effort that it was money down a rat hole.  IMO, the Enhanced Listings are different only because they are a more expensive rat hole.  You lose in two ways.  First, as Darren points out, there are so many other people with Enhanced Listings that yours gets lost in the crowd.  Second, I strongly suspect that most people ignore them.  I certainly do.  I log on, do a search, and pay little attention to the distracting things that have little to do with what I'm looking for -- including those "special" enhanced listings that crowd onto the top of the page.  In short, the enhanced listing system is working the way it is supposed to, and it's also giving you the results I would expect.

• Like 1

You can review some of the information in the link below. If you still have unanswered questions about your Market Place Store, contacting Support is always an open option.

It is my opinion, that a Seller needs to utilize every advertising option, and every byte of data match helps.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-Marketplace-store/ta-p/700191#Section_.1.9

Just for your information you can check the performance (impressions and clickthroughs) of your listing enhancement (merchant home > Reports > listing enhancements). Like other posters said, it's very rare to see your own ad especially when you are running only one ad. You'd have to decide if it's worth of your money or not by yourself. I've been running some enhancements because I could see the effect of them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.