Sign in to follow this  
Perrie Juran

Do We Need Subsections For Mac and TPV Users In This Forum?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/Category-Suggestions-For-Mac-Users-amp-For-TPV-s/td-p/1681249

Thesis:

Discussion of issues specific to Mac users are allowed in the Forum.  However, they get scattered in different categories.

Also, discussions regarding TPV's are used, but they also get scattered.

Proposal:

We should have subsections in the Technology section specific for Mac users and for TPV users.  This would make searching useful information easier for every one by consolidating into categories specific to these.

If you agree it would (might) help if you added your feedback to the feedback thread also.  That is the one the Linden's say they actually  read.

If you are going to give Mac users some love how about the Linux users? :P

I have been seeing a lot of Linux newbie's ask on here things like "how do you install SL on ubuntu?", I have answered that same question at least 4 times in the past 3 months or so, mind you the wiki answers that same question so does the read me txt file that comes in the tar they download. *shakes his head*

EDITED: To fix the darn autocorrect typos.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Thesis:

Discussion of issues specific to Mac users are allowed in the Forum.  However, they get scattered in different categories.

Also, discussions regarding TPV's are used, but they also get scattered.

Proposal:

We should have subsections in the Technology section specific for Mac users and for TPV users.  This would make searching useful information easier for every one by consolidating into categories specific to these.

If you agree it would (might) help if you added your feedback to the feedback thread also.  That is the one the Linden's say they actually  read.

most definitely.

just about every day there is a new user on twitter asking for help on how to get started, or they are having a technical glitch.  generally refer them to the technology section, but afraid that they are on a different system or a different viewer than what is being discussed, and for a new user, having to weed through all of that on first few attempts might be daunting, and might seem too much trouble.

If they were grouped together a bit more structured, specifically for each user, might save a few new ones from frustration, so they could go directly to what they need.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

If you are going to give Mac users some love how about the Linux users?
:P

I have been seeing a lot of Linux newbie's ask on here things like "how do you install SL on ubuntu?", I have answered that same question at least 4 times in the past 3 months or so, mind you the wiki answers that same question so does the read me txt file that comes in the tar they download. *shakes his head*

EDITED: To fix the darn autocorrect typos.

My apologies for neglecting this.  It was seeing A Mac question asked in GD that finally prompted me to post this. 

I have edited my proposal to include this.

Both are great ideas, as is Darren's.

ROFLMAO.jpeg