What do you think about this???

Nedlloyd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ouch. Ugly. If on mainland, you did right reporting. LL will come and clear the place. If this is not mainland but a private region, unfortunately your report won't help as LL won't interfere into resident to resident disputes. Did you try to speak with the owner? Can't you right click on the structure and send it back? 

Btw, please edit your post and remove the  owner's name, this is against the community guidelines here and you could be the one who gets in trouble. 

Sassy Romano wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

You can mute it and make it invisible for you!

This is what I do when I have such ugly things in front of me....hehe!

Exactly!  Just de-render it, problem over.

Yes, if he is using Phoenix or Firestorm. But there is no derender function in the official viewer. 

If after being asked the neighbor will not remove the prim you CAN put up a prim of the same size (transparent on his side) with some sort of texture on your side that suits you. Many folks use thick trees or  other plants. Block the entire ugly thing from view on your side. Then you don't have to look at his mess.

Ina Fairport wrote:

If you use phoenix/firestorm viewer you can derender the object by right clicking on it and choose derender.

This only works for one inlog session. After relog the object will rezz again and you need to derender again.

Ina, in Phoenix it is permanent unless you remove the item from the black assets list. The OP's problem can be solved if he switches to Phoenix. Otherwise, you are right, he will have to derender the object at every login.

You have to remove from the black assets list:

Rerendering

To rerender it you need to remove it from the blacklist.

• Access the Asset Blacklist from the Phoenix menu at the top of your screen.
  • Click on the item you want to rerender, note avatars show as objects.
  • Click the Remove button.
  • Change your group tag, or teleport out and back.

The object, or avatar will render in a few seconds.

Greetings, Nedlloyd

Neighbours come and neighbours go on the mainland, and unfortunately, just like in real life, you occasionally get an a-hole who gets their jollies from attempting to upset the neighbourhood. 

It would not have bothered me at all; I've had neighbours rezz graveyards and smoking pyres next to my land.  But, if it did bother me, I would put up a large invisiprim between my land and his, so all I could see was beautiful nothingness.

It's rather a shame when you mute/block a person it doesn't mute/block all of their stuff too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.