BIG DAY TODAY, passenger number 200,000 riding my vehicles.

Canoro Philipp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dillon Leveling wrote:

Oh, fascinating. You're not an average troll? You're an architecture critic and that glimpse of my build disturbed you so much you couldn't help but comment? Okay, I'll accept your criticism but only on certain conditions.

Your avatar's
SL life
started on the 5th of this month. In spite of having started Second Life as recently as the 5th of August, 2013, and having only arrived at the Forum on the 10th of August, you've already made your presence felt in the Answers Forum. You've even acquired 3 kudos for the wit and wisdom of your answers, you clever bunny!

In short, it is quite obvious you are hiding behind an alt. If you will respond to this thread with your REAL avatar (with a full admission in public that A3123 is your alt), I'll invite you to my hideous place on the mainland and let you take pictures to your heart's content so that you may thus expose me as the pathetic excuse for a builder I am.

The point was, if there was a point, is that your build is just as ugly as the car you are claiming is to you is. Everyone who complains about the automated cars cluttering up and uglifying the Mainland are ignoring the fact that the mainland is already an ugly waste. If it has to do with script or server resources, no one is ever there anyways, if it is just you and a hundred automated cars I am sure you will do just fine, just get off your Atari 300 and upgrade already.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A3123 wrote:

Dillon Leveling wrote:

Oh, fascinating. You're not an average troll? You're an architecture critic and that glimpse of my build disturbed you so much you couldn't help but comment? Okay, I'll accept your criticism but only on certain conditions.

Your avatar's
SL life
started on the 5th of this month. In spite of having started Second Life as recently as the 5th of August, 2013, and having only arrived at the Forum on the 10th of August, you've already made your presence felt in the Answers Forum. You've even acquired 3 kudos for the wit and wisdom of your answers, you clever bunny!

In short, it is quite obvious you are hiding behind an alt. If you will respond to this thread with your REAL avatar (with a full admission in public that A3123 is your alt), I'll invite you to my hideous place on the mainland and let you take pictures to your heart's content so that you may thus expose me as the pathetic excuse for a builder I am.

The point was, if there was a point, is that your build is just as ugly as the car you are claiming is to you is
Everyone who complains about the automated cars cluttering up and uglifying the Mainland are ignoring the fact that the mainland is already an ugly waste
. If it has to do with script or server resources, no one is ever there anyways, if it is just you and a hundred automated cars I am sure you will do just fine, just get off your Atari 300 and upgrade already.

You do post a lot of nonsense. There is nothing visually ugly about Dillon's hedge. And there is nothing visually ugly about the vehicle. But the vehicle was parked on top of the hedge, and that *was* visually ugly.

No it's not. Some small areas may be but mainland isn't "in an ugly state". That's more nonsense from you.

I agree with Dillon about you. You are nothing but a troll, posting whatever comes into your head with sole the intention of getting reactions from your 'victims' - winding people up. That's what a troll does and that's what most of your posts are posted for, as evidenced by the fact that many or most of them contain the opposite of sense.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

A3123 wrote:

No you aren't. That is a name you chose in part from a list of available names. It is a game. Wake up.

no, it's a virtual world not a game. a game has rules and a set end point. SL has neither of those things.

THANK YOU! 

Back in the day if a new person called SL a game they immediately got jumped (or kindly warned that they might be jumped for calling SL a game).  During the last year or so I see an upswing in the "game" people but they are generally newer users (or trolling alts of older users).  I've played games online and SL is most definitely not a game.

Gadget Portal wrote:

Scripts can check, on a timer, if the land they're about to run over is set to no scripts, and stop or die or do any of a hundred things. Sounds to me like these are crappy scripts in these vehicles.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gadget.

In fact they do check 4 times a second up to 5 meters in the direction they are moving.  They first check to see if the test pos is in the same sim because you can't detect land parameters across a sim boundary.  If in-sim and they detect NO-SCRIPT or NO-ENTRY they immediately disable the physics engine, they llSetPos back to the last safe location and restore operation.

Please tell me why that doesn't work?  How would you do it?

I've been programming computers since before you were born in RL.  How come no one else has been able to make a self navigating vehicle?   How come SL has not been flooded with self navigating vehicles as the doomsayers predicted?  The only other unoccupied vehicles are all waypoint followers. 

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I've been programming computers since before you were born in RL. 

Whenever someone comes back with that, it immediately invalidates anything else they may say, about anything.

"Oh yeah? Well, I code computers for NASA and I'm the smarterest person in the world!"

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Since the 60's, huh? Wow, you have been at this a long time. One would think you would have gotten it right after all this time.

How come no one else has been able to make a self navigating vehicle?  
There isn't a huge cry for them?

How come SL has not been flooded with self navigating vehicles as the doomsayers predicted?  
We keep ARing the ones we find and LL removes them. No thanks to you.

The only other unoccupied vehicles are all waypoint followers.
And those ones don't jump onto private land, do they? Fancy that. Something that works, and you bashing it. 

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

To my certain knowledge, you have already been given the answer to that question. But, in case you forgot, the answer is... because nobody else wants to pollute the roads like you do.

Your question implies that you are the only SL user who is actually capable of doing it, and you are categorically wrong about that. Many of us are capable of doing it, but you're the only who is happy to to pollute SL.

They first check to see if the test pos is in the same sim because you can't detect land parameters across a sim boundary.

The inability to check across sim boundaries need never be problematic to your vehicles, because roads don't suddenly change direction across sim boundaries. So that excuse doesn't hold any water at all. If it did hold water, then you should scrap the whole thing because, for the reason you mentioned, sim boundaries can stop the vehicles in their tracks. Your excuse failed.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Since the 60's, huh? Wow, you have been at this a long time. One would think you would have gotten it right after all this time.

How come SL has not been flooded with self navigating vehicles as the doomsayers predicted?  

And those ones don't jump onto private land, do they? Fancy that. Something that works, and you bashing it. 

those things remind me of greifer cubes on the horse trails..

that was the first thing i thought of when i first seen them on the trail i was trying to relax and ride on..

because they just kept coming..

On a horse trail! lol

Talk about killing the experience of the Atol trail..

it used to be such a nice ride..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

that was the first thing i thought of when i first seen them on the trail i was trying to relax and ride on..

On a horse trail! lol

I will say I haven't run into any of her cars on the Second Life Railways in a long time.

So she has made some progress.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

On a horse trail! lol

I will say I haven't run into any of her cars on the Second Life Railways in a long time.

i stopped riding in mainland because of those things..so it's been awhile for me..

but long before that i heard years of complaints about those vehicles...

if progress is being made?

i'll just say..it's long overdue and about time..

Zaphod Kotobide wrote:

Taken just a couple days ago. 

SLRR.jpg

Crap

But I'm certain AnnMarie will find a way to blame this on LL.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

no, it's a virtual world not a game. a game has rules and a set end point. SL has neither of those things.

This really has nothing to do with this thread. I just stopped in the middle of logging in to my SL dashboard and when I came back the whole screen was displayed. Normally I get logged in before my ISP has time to load the images. Upon seeing it I tried to remember where the last 'not a game' comment came from and recalled yours. I do agree with you, by the way.

Maybe we shouldn't come down so hard on new people who call it a game. The first frigging thing they see suggests it is exactly that! Shouldn't that box say "Join for free"?

Play4Free.jpg

I won't bother getting into that one male with three females image (I cropped a bit); I'll leave that for people who understand marketing ;-).

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I won't bother getting into that one male with three females image (I cropped a bit); I'll leave that for people who understand marketing ;-).

What? It's a straight couple and a lesbian couple (with probably all of the actors operated by males). What's so odd about that?

I do think LLs marketing people should buy another house, though.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

LMAO, I did say MANY, that doesn't mean all of them DUH.

But thanks for keeping the forum alive. 
:)

Maybe we just need to face up to it.  AnnMarie doesn't give one flying **bleep** about any of us who live on or who frequent the Mainland.  Not one flying **bleep** in hell.

She thinks because of all the people who have rode her vehicles because of the novelty when first encountering them that they are loved.  And I really wonder how many of the people who have bought them wind up actually using them.

She thinks she is the queen of the grid and every one else be damned.

Take responsibility for your vehicles and quit putting the onus for the problems on Linden Lab and then maybe you will get some respect from us.

Just to update on the self-replicating "Bus Stop" rezzers: Per the SLU thread, many (all?) of these now have been removed by the Lindens. There's even a cute snapshot of Governance6 Linden on the case.

As long as I'm popping this thread anyway, I'll just mention that, personally, I'll never complain about the appearance of Arcadia Asylum's creations, specifically, and I'm glad to see her content continuing to populate the grid.

Also, somewhere above, somebody mentioned that the vehicles should be able to detect no-script (or no-object-entry?) parcels, but in fact that's not possible across sim borders, and it's a bit tricky to know where roads will continue on the other side of a sim crossing. (Rails are much easier, of course.)

One thing I'm not clear about, however, is why such vehicles aren't set temp-on-rez for 90% of their lives, given the way garbage collection is documented to behave now. This has changed a lot over the years, and I haven't tested the current behavior, so I'm genuinely interested in why / if it wouldn't work to just toggle to non-temp briefly while the garbage-collection timer is set to expire. (Maybe some cumulative imprecision when crossing to a new sim, or something?)

Perrie Juran wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

LMAO, I did say MANY, that doesn't mean all of them DUH.

But thanks for keeping the forum alive. 
:)

Maybe we just need to face up to it.  AnnMarie doesn't give one flying **bleep** about any of us who live on or who frequent the Mainland.  Not one flying **bleep** in hell.

She thinks because of all the people who have rode her vehicles because of the novelty when first encountering them that they are loved.  And I really wonder how many of the people who have bought them wind up actually using them.

She thinks she is the queen of the grid and every one else be damned.

Take responsibility for your vehicles and quit putting the onus for the problems on Linden Lab and then maybe you will get some respect from us.

would be nice if we could mute the rezzer for them and not be affeced..

or even the owner and have them all go down..

LL should give us a way to opt out of this kind of spam if we wanted..

anyone know if we can or not?

Qie Niangao wrote:

Also, somewhere above, somebody mentioned that the vehicles should be able to detect no-script (or no-object-entry?) parcels, but in fact that's not possible across sim borders, and it's a bit tricky to know where roads will continue on the other side of a sim crossing. (Rails are much easier, of course.)

Roads don't suddenly turn at right angles across sim borders, so there is no reason why ban lines over sim borders are a problem for the vehicles, except, of course, the poor programming of the vehicles.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Just to update on the self-replicating "Bus Stop" rezzers: Per the SLU thread, many (all?) of these now have been removed by the Lindens. There's even a cute snapshot of Governance6 Linden on the case.

As long as I'm popping this thread anyway, I'll just mention that, personally, I'll never complain about the appearance of Arcadia Asylum's creations, specifically, and I'm glad to see her content continuing to populate the grid.

One thing I'm not clear about, however, is why such vehicles aren't set temp-on-rez for 90% of their lives, given the way garbage collection is documented to behave now. This has changed a lot over the years, and I haven't tested the current behavior, so I'm genuinely interested in why / if it wouldn't work to just toggle to non-temp briefly while the garbage-collection timer is set to expire. (Maybe some cumulative imprecision when crossing to a new sim, or something?)

What, where is the "SLU thread"?  No one has contacted me regarding removal of them??

Has there been a change in temp-on-rez?  I actually spent quite some time with the Lindens trying to get the temp-on-rez altered.  The problem with it is the time is accumulative, if you disable and restore it continues from where it was so you only get about 60 seconds life.  I even filed a wish list to make the temp-on-rez resettable, or settable to a numeric time.  Have they done that? 

I also suggested a temp-on-no-script feature that would start a 1 minute self destruct timer if the object was on no-script land and this flag was set. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.