BIG DAY TODAY, passenger number 200,000 riding my vehicles.

Canoro Philipp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually is supposed to have been this week. I read it again. so I been checking to see if is on the Blake.

if go fast and don't hit a dead sim then it eventual catches up (the view). same like I noticed last time

like if go super fast and cross a whole bunch of sims then it seems ok. like no crash. get some big pauses and rubber bands tho as each sim updates. so can look as if you crashed. like is just your avatar sitting and not on your vehicle. but if stop pressing arrows then  the vehicle eventual catches up

seems a bit better (the not crashing part)

I will see how good it goes on the Indian to Hipper run. is 28 water sims in a line. my fastest time on that used to be 403 seconds. no crash. so I will see what happens this time

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to be brutally honest here.  I can't fix other people's problems, despite trying for months.

There is a new bug in SL. the NO-ENTRY settings on many land parcels frequently FAILS.  It is a problem with the land that the land-owner should get corrected.  I can reproduce the problem and it happens dozens of times a day.  I filed a JIRA on it but I doubt anything will be done to fix the bug.

I have been spending an hour a day visiting trouble spots and removing stranded vehicles like this but NO MORE.  I was filing trouble tickets on the land but since it is not my land, and since I removed the vehicles, the Lindens don't find or fix the problem. Just restarting the SIM doesn't always work and although I can demonstrate the problem I have not been able to correlate it to any particular land features.

So from now on, if you have vehicles enter no-entry land PLEASE file your OWN trouble ticket. Please leave the vehicles there so the Lindens can visibly see there is a problem or they will not believe that a basic function like NO-ENTRY could not be working.

Until it is fixed, setting scripts ON will permit the vehicles to find their own way back to the road.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I have been spending an hour a day visiting trouble spots and removing stranded vehicles like this but NO MORE.

Then stop putting your crappy vehicles out on the roads. Regardless of what problems may exist on the simulators, those are your objects, and they are 100% entirely YOUR responsibility, NOBODY else's. I won't be filing any trouble tickets, but I will continue to file abuse reports on every single vehicle I find.

Zaphod Kotobide wrote:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I have been spending an hour a day visiting trouble spots and removing stranded vehicles like this but NO MORE.

Then stop putting your crappy vehicles out on the roads. Regardless of what problems may exist on the simulators, those are your objects, and they are 100% entirely YOUR responsibility, NOBODY else's. I won't be filing any trouble tickets, but I will continue to file abuse reports on every single vehicle I find.

Seconded.

Ok, since Mrs OToole now refuses to remove her junk, I will now AR these abominations.

Maybe that will get things moving. Other operators/proprietors of automated vehicles don't leave
a mess like that. They get it right from the beginning.

For the last time, AnnMarie, rewrite the scripts! Implement different algorythms and methods! Use pathfinding! Use waypoints!
Define exclusion zones! Keep these damn things ON the road!

The unfortunate part about filing ARs is it does no good because the problem is a Linden BUG, not the vehiles so the ARs are ignored.  I was hoping that by leaving the vehicles inside the no-entry parcels that trouble tickets would be filed.  They actually repair the problem and at least solve it for the local situation, if not the underlying cause.

We all rely on the basic built in functions of SL.  In my case the problem is no-entry doesn't work all the time but that is no reason for me to abandon SL.  If something else failed, like hair falling off avatars, would you tell everyone to stop wearing hair?  It is only by having a lot of people file complaints that action will be initiated.  If I keep removing stranded vehicles I'm covering the problem up and nothing will be done.  It has to get worse before Lindens will recognize it is a problem.

So go ahead, get me some publicity.  But if you are too lazy or don't care to get GOOD land from the Lindens that your are PAYING for, don't cry on my shoulder when it doesn't work.

I set up a deomonstration on a test sim in the test grid for Maestro Linden.  Within 12 hours I had over 200  vehicles on the no-entry land and had to get the Lindens to clear it.  So they KNOW about the problem, they just don't have the time to find out why and fix it.  It can happen on ANY land parcel but for some unknown reason it happens very easily on some.

The beauty of my "drunken driver" sript is I don't need waypoints, I don't have to map every road and river.  The vehicles just explore at random so all I need is a rez site and they crawl out all over the continent like ants foraging for food.  Isn't that cool?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

We all rely on the basic built in functions of SL.  In my case the problem is no-entry doesn't work all the time but that is no reason for me to abandon SL.  If something else failed, like hair falling off avatars, would you tell everyone to stop wearing hair?  It is only by having a lot of people file complaints that action will be initiated.  If I keep removing stranded vehicles I'm covering the problem up and nothing will be done.  It has to get worse before Lindens will recognize it is a problem.

Who suggested you abandon SL to fix the problem? All you need to do it stop using other people's land for your own amusement. That will fix the problem. YOU are the problem - not a bug. Even if your unwanted vehicles never left the roads they are still a problem for road users because their directions are completely unreliable. You are simply not a good enough programmer to make them worth putting out there.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Please leave the vehicles there so the Lindens can visibly see there is a problem or they will not believe that a basic function like NO-ENTRY could not be working.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I set up a deomonstration on a test sim in the test grid for Maestro Linden.  Within 12 hours I had over 200  vehicles on the no-entry land and had to get the Lindens to clear it.  So they KNOW about the problem, ...

:smileyindifferent:

AnnMarie Otoole wrote: "If something else failed, like hair falling off avatars, would you tell everyone to stop wearing hair?"

Of course not, I would tell the hair maker to fix the damn thing. Like I'm telling you to fix the damn cars.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote: "In my case the problem is no-entry doesn't work all the time..."

It does work - all the time. Just not against objects accelerated to a high speed. This function is there to keep
occasional object droppers out, not objects shot into a parcel. And that's one of the problems your vehicles produce,
as I have it seen happen, the vehicle encounters a sim crossing and accelerates rapidly and shoots itself into a parcel.
No entry doesn't block that, so if scripts are blocked as well, you get a stranded vehicle.

Another problem: Vehicles get stuck in banlines. That happens, because the vehicles try to follow parcel borders
of Linden-roads. That doesn't work! And seeing, where your vehicles go because of that, it is no wonder, they get stuck.
Solution: Keep the vehicles on the road, so they don't touch No-Entry-/No-Script-Land. It's that simple.

Your vehicles have to adapt to the environment, it is not LL's duty to adapt SL to your vehicles. Got it?

AnnMarie Otoole wrote: "Within 12 hours I had over 200  vehicles on the no-entry land and had to get the Lindens to clear it."

That clearly shows, that your vehicles have a serious fault. Or even multiple faults.

Ok, enough is enough! Fix the damn things. It is not SL's fault. It is not Linden Lab's fault. It is YOUR fault.
Noone else is to blame except you.

• 1 month later...

Well, well. There goes the neighborhood. I've not seen this happen adjacent to my property until now, although I've been a relatively vocal critic of your vehicles on the forum. Do you target, or did I just get unlucky?

AnnMarie_001.jpg

Abuse Reports filed (not least because the tanker with the schoolbus on top is blocking one lane of a Linden Road). Please get over thinking you're a positive influence on SL.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

The beauty of my "drunken driver" sript is I don't need waypoints, I don't have to map every road and river.  The vehicles just explore at random so all I need is a rez site and they crawl out all over the continent like ants foraging for food.  Isn't that cool?

no it isn't. is lame

ants learn from past behaviours. your vehicles are dumb. they never learn. that's the problem

your scripting of them is a reflection on your non-understanding of the solution. same the statement you making here

the no-object entry intermittent failure is a fault. clever foragers are fault tolerant. when they aren't then they die. your vehicles die in the same way. that's not cool. or wonderful. or nothing. as a building/coding exercise is pretty lame

like o.m.g !!! my scripted creatures are dying. umm! i know!!! one day the rains will come and will be all good for the poor little things. in the meantime i just keep killing them the same way over and over. to make it rain

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Her little fleet of moving litter ran into some problems.

yes I saw that. I also leave her a comment about her proposed fix

AnneMarie need be really careful about doing what she proposing to do. not every linden is a codey what loves her

Error 403? Isn't that, what the chinese government uses in their filtering system, replacing server responses with 403 & 404s.

Btw. I'm just riding the H6 Tour (Route 3 & the eastern SLRR) and I haven't seen a single one of AnnMarie's abominations.
I love it, when Kharma hits the right one. lol.gif

If the Lab has blocked the traffic, then they have the right to do so to prevent an overload of servers and network lines.
Of course, the problem could be on AnnMaries side as well. But it's good, being able to travel without being run off the road or
being hit in the head by one of these clunkers.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to the Forum for necro-posting but I am a bit ticked off.

I logged in tonight to find one of your cruddy cars is actually perched on my boundary hedge. I admit the hedge is rather severe, but when I placed it the intention was to provide a visual boundary for visitors to the park, thus allowing them to not have to see all the stuff that might accumulate in the neighborhood. Having your ugly limo parked on the hedge really does NOT do anything for the ambience, you know?

AnnMarieOnceMore_001.JPG

How long must this go on? Which Linden Lab officer's lawn are you mowing to allow you to grief the community this way? Either make your crappy looking vehicles work or take them and go. You're a blight.

:-). Thanks very much for the offer but I think only the 'injured party' can file an AR about something like this. I AR'd a cluster of AnnMarie's vehicles that had piled up on the abandoned property next door because one of them was actually blocking the Linden Road and anyone could have added to that (took three days for them to be removed; wonder how long this will take?).

A3123 wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Having your ugly limo parked on the hedge really does NOT do anything for the ambiance, you know?

You're ambiance does not do much for the ambiance.

I know, or at least I think I know from reading comments and observing behavior, that trolling is its own reward. Thus by even acknowledgeing you I suppose I am gratifying your desires. So be it.

Look more closely next time. You need to buff up your punctuation and notice spelling errors in the posts to which you respond. It wion't make you any more attractive—you'll still be a troll—but it might serve to  inspire a fan base.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.