BIG DAY TODAY, passenger number 200,000 riding my vehicles.

Canoro Philipp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

STATISTICS

My data base keeps track of who has ridden and how many times.

Total number of riders is 79,705

Total number of rides taken went over 200,000 today, currently 200,089

So average rides per person is 2.5

Average vehicle life ATM is normally around 7.5 hours, longest run about 109 hours but gets much shorter when they do rolling restarts.

Current vehicles occupied 5, Max number at one time is around 25.

Vehicles given to passengers free (no count, estimate over 30,000)

Vehicles given to passengers that were rezzed but not licensed 2,644

Licenses purchased 296 for a grand total total income since January 2011 L$29,600 + tips.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I have had more rides on those things than the average! I think I must have hopped on one at least 4 times.

I have also crashed into them, I think. Do you record collisions and have a driving record on us all? lol ;P

For some reason I keep thinking one of the tanks fired on me or I fired it....not sure though as It was a while back and well...you know, tanks blow stuff up....so I sort of expected it and then carried on with little memory of who made the vehicle.

Congratulations , BUT! 99% of your vehicles I see crashing into my land are unmanned

Why do the vehicles run rogue without a person driving them?  I had to get rid of my roadside land because your cars became quite an annoyance falling off the bridge and getting struck or falling on my home

One of your vehicles even fired a missile at me (tank) when I clicked on it,, .. You should fix them so they do not annoy the world. I lost money on my roadside land because i basicly had to abandon it. I couldnt see paying tier for extra unwanted vehicular visits and was unable to leave my land setting they way i wanted because your cars are simply a problem. I don't mean to be negative. But I realy had a negative experience with them and i didnt even want to participate with them

Great cars and all and a fantastic milestone altho not all those are willing participants. I would think that a good scripter would script them to not run without a driver. disolve and not become a problem to others,,, You should be paying all the other land owners you haVE  run off their own land. lol

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

STATISTICS

I ditched three different parcels of mainland when I discovered that your unattractive vehicles swarmed by the parcels night and day.  Then I cancelled my premium account.  

Have no interest in being on mainland when one person (such as yourself) can run roughshod over the rights and parcels of others. Your vehicles constantly going off road and getting stuck.  Vehicles running into avatars, and others who might be trying to use the roads.  It's terrible. 

They are annoyingly funny. For my bloggy I often ride the mainland roads with motorcycles, and sure as hell this will happen:

as soon as I stop the ride to take a snapshot or a slurl, one of Mrs. Otoole's vehicles will sneak up behind me and ruin my photo. Apart from that I witnessed a lot of unsightly, illogical behaviour from them. Ice cream trucks sailing the oceans, tanks and taxis stuck in hillsides, whole scrap yards full of her vehicles.

And what purpose do they serve apart from wasting server capacity? We all know how underpowered the grid is, so why stress those poor little servesr even more with useless bull**bleep**?

Perrie Juran wrote:

exploration.jpg

JeanneAnne wrote:

i dont know anything about your vehicles Ann .. for all i know they are wonderful

but i hav2 ask .. whats the point of a vehicle in a world where you can
FLY
?!?!

Jeanne

Sometimes it's nice to take the time to smell the roses.

Roses? You ARE a Martian! I see purple loosestrife behind you, and maybe some tall cinquefoil (white), orange lilies and blue something or others unlike anything I've ever seen in my yard. Did you bring those from Mars?

Responses

Dead vehicles are counted and the (last known)  location saved for analysis.  The data base maintains a constant number of vehicles, they are only rezzed as replacements for lost vehicles.  Under normal circumstances I lose about 500 a day but it can get higher during rolling restarts.  500 may sound excessive but spread out over thousands of sims the "derelects per sim" count is quite low.

A recent bug is allowing my vehicles to enter no-entry land parcels which is proving to be quite a problem.

No not on marketplace, but there is a car sales lot at Putiki Fold 17 90

No collisions are not counted.  No fatal collisions have been reported.  Your mother should have taught you that it can be dangerous to PLAY on the street.

True, most are unoccupied.  Occupancy averages about 2.5% over a 24 hour period.  The roads, railroads and waterways were put there for public use.  I get thanks for adding life to them.  Without the automated vehicles the roads would be empty nearly all the time.

The sever load is negligible, less than 5% of a single avatar.  Since the average time to be in a sim is typically less than 60 seconds the overal load even on a laggy sim is insignificant.  No change in time dilation can be detected except for a fraction of a second after entering a sim.

I don't run people off their land and if problems are reported they are FIXED, usually withing 24 hours.  If they are not reported I have no way of knowing.

Yes the tank and the trojan horse will retaliate if you click on them but the missiles are fake.

LOL I went to a LOT of trouble to develop a script so they COULD run without a driver.  Perhaps the script is primitive but no one else has been able to create a self navigating script that will work on any road, railroad or waterway.

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

I don't run people off their land and if problems are reported they are FIXED, usually withing 24 hours.  If they are not reported I have no way of knowing.

LOL I hear ya . Yes I did dump my land as a result of your vehicles constant encroachment and yes it was the direct reason lol And 5 months ago It was a problem enough to post to my feed https://my.secondlife.com/en/dilbert.dilweg/snapshots/4f9f7d27f8252d34d4000001

And around that same time I contacted the creator ( one of your alts) by notecard. no response lol and messages. no response lol and even left a question on the profile feed. stating. whats up with the cars unmanned? No response lol crickets after that and being fired upon by the tank i said time to move lol

But yea. It was a pain in the arse seeing the unmanned vehicles take a nosde dive off the bridge onto my parcel.

Other than getting in the way your vehicles have not caused me problems with my Linden Road frontage property. And no doubt they are a fine technical creation on your part.

But who the hell asked for them? Most people use the Linden roads as a fun way to sightsee—either walking, riding bikes, or using some sort of 'powered' vehicle. Your stuff gets in the way. ALL THE TIME. You are selfishly gratifying your desire to build (and maybe show off a little) at the expense of every other resident.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

exploration.jpg

JeanneAnne wrote:

i dont know anything about your vehicles Ann .. for all i know they are wonderful

but i hav2 ask .. whats the point of a vehicle in a world where you can
FLY
?!?!

Jeanne

Sometimes it's nice to take the time to smell the roses.

Roses? You ARE a Martian! I see purple loosestrife behind you, and maybe some tall cinquefoil (white), orange lilies and blue something or others unlike anything I've ever seen in my yard. Did you bring those from Mars?

I've no idea what they are but they made me see all kinds of pretty colors when I sniffed them.

We go through a complete sterilization process any time we leave our planet.  Well, almost complete. Certain parts they cover with tin foil first.

Potholes 06.jpg

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

Yes the tank and the trojan horse will retaliate if you click on them but the missiles are fake.

Your tank was no challenge for me.

The presence of your vehicles is a toss up for me.

While I love how they can add 'life' to otherwise dead roadways, They can be a pain to run into when trying to utilize the roads for riding one's own vehicles. 

As far as them running off the roads, could you not design a script that auto-deleted them if it sensed being stuck in the same location (co-ordinates) for a period of time?  Just a thought.

It will be a big day when Linden Lab finally takes your cars away. I want to see the statistic for how many people have complained to them about your cars. I know a lot of people who sold or abandoned land because of the cars or car pileup across the road.

One of your cars has a web site on it that sells things. Sorry I can't say way to go, I wish your cars were gone.

I sort of enjoy watching the vehicles go by. I've never riden one, though, but I have riden other vehicles (trains, pods, horse carts, etc....) in all parts of Second Life.

Perhaps the scripting could be enhanced so that they are rezzed only when needed, and so they can follow the road more smoothly? (Saw one go by on its nose the other day).

Added at 7:14pm Linden time: Just took a long ride in one of the convertibles. While the ride wasn't terribly smooth, we never ran off the road or over anyone's property that I could see. Went through several sims and it seemed to me that there are still a lot of structures being maintained by the side of the road, in spite of what some people are posting.

I enjoyed the ride, and I for one would vote to keep the vehicles around.

Thanks!

AnnMarie Otoole wrote:

LOL I went to a LOT of trouble to develop a script so they COULD run without a driver.  Perhaps the script is primitive but no one else has been able to create a self navigating script that will work on any road, railroad or waterway.

Your script works by recognizing Linden owned land.   Linden roads, waterways, and the land that the railroad is on.  You have your scripts set, so if the vehicles veers off, it tries to find the Linden land.  At first ,the vehicles just got stuck, if they could not find LL land.  But, you added a feature whereby the vehicles delete themselves if they cannot find the LL land within a set time period. 

Even with that feature they are an ugly nuisance.  They still veer off onto SL resident parcels, they still clog the roads.  Ruin the ambiance of neighborhoods.   Who wants to see a tank driving down the road through a French canal countryside?   Who wants to see ugly garbage trucks drive past their flower garden?

The reason no one else has done this is not because they can't figure out the scripting.  It's because there is no purpose to it.  You admit that you don't make much money compared to the time you've invested.  So, this is your hobby,   Fine, I like to see smart creative people having a hobby.  But when that hobby, continues to impinge upon the peaceful enjoyment of others engaging in their hobby, something is wrong.  

I disagree that you've added "life" to roadways, waterways and railroads.  Auto-bot vehicles are not life.   These are the vehicle equivalent of crawl-bots.  Invasive and unwanted.

You didn't run me off my land, I agree with that.  I chose to ditch my land when I saw your vehicles.   My choice.  But, if Linden Lab wants to have a healthy land market, your vehicles hinder that directive.   Have you done any studies to see how much land gets abandoned, and/or put up for sale, near the roads, railways, and waterways where your vehicles go?   That's a statistic I'd like to see!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.