how do i stop ao status showing in local chat?

fluffykat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

It depends on your AO. Some do allow to turn these messages off. This should be indicated in the notecard you got with it (or ask the creator). Do you know if others can see this AO status in local chat or is it just visible by you? Ask a friend if you need to check that. The AO I am wearing almost all the time does show text when I'm changing status, but it is not visible to others.

Some other AOs I have do not show anything at all. You will find more comments about that in this thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/AO-activity-appears-in-local-chat/td-p/723083

Hey Everyone. It's so easy to hide your own AO activities from local chat. If your AO Hud doesn't allow you to hide its activities using settings. Go to local chat and find one activity of your Ao. Click info "i" button of that messages and Block it. You will never get this kind of activity informations again:D and and if one day you wanna see this informations again just unblock ao hud from your block list.

Edited by DJCenkJR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DJCenkJR said:

Hey Everyone. It's so easy to hide your own AO activities from local chat. If your AO Hud doesn't allow you to hide its activities with its settings. Go to local chat and find one activity of your Ao. Click info "i" button of that messages and Block it. You will never get this kind of activity informations again:D

You revived a 6 year old thread :)  I hope the OP has sorted their AO by now 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DJCenkJR said:

Hey Everyone. It's so easy to hide your own AO activities from local chat. If your AO Hud doesn't allow you to hide its activities using settings. Go to local chat and find one activity of your Ao. Click info "i" button of that messages and Block it. You will never get this kind of activity informations again:D and and if one day you wanna see this informations again just unblock ao hud from your block list.

37 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

*nods solemnly*  She was suitably punished spanked   shown the error of her ways.  Anyway DJ, not sure blocking your own AO is the way to go. Surely that could block something important

I'm not sure whether or not it would block AO activities, but it will definitely only block the chat stuff that you see.  If your AO is talking in local chat on the public channel that everyone sees, blocking it will not block what others see.

It could be an interesting experiment to block your AO and then see if it still functions properly -- though them smart script and animation people probably already know the answer to that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.