Inbox in My Second Life always shows 1 message, no matter what I do...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I had one message there also for quite some time but it turned out a certain message that was sent to me  was sent twice, I hadnt actually opened the second copy, once i did that all was good, maybe worth a double check to make sure all has been opened, then again its SL - glitch yessss highly likely :)

For me, I have about 10 contacts with messages, none of them current, all of them read... Strange...

I even sent messages back to all of them - made no difference.

So, I now deleted all messages, all conversations, and my message count went up to 2 !

LOL

crazy

I have, of course, logged out, rebooted, etc - no luck.

no-messages-LL-style.jpg

Dilbert Dilweg wrote: Those should go away when you click on your notifications tab and read the 2 new notifications

Thank, Dilbert, but...

There ARE NO conversations, no messages, at all, just an indicator that I have 2 messages.

When I go to that page it says "NO MESSAGES" yet the indicator of (2) remains. No amount of clicking, logging out, rebooting, or changing browsers fixes this.

Just as I said above. I even gave you a picture, Dilbert.

If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.

Thanks

Dom, this may be caused by an ancient notification. Click the "Notifications" tab, then start clicking "More" at the bottom until you reach the page containing the unviewed notification. The notifications page holds only 15 items, so if you get 16 new notifications since your last visit, and you simply look at the notifications page, you'll leave one unviewed notification behind. This will nag you for the rest of your life as it drifts further down in the notification stack until you're sure it's not there.

This begs for a "Clear All Notifications" button.

Madelaine McMasters wrote: Dom, this may be caused by an ancient notification. Click the "Notifications" tab, then start clicking "More" at the bottom until you reach the page containing the unviewed notification. The notifications page holds only 15 items, so if you get 16 new notifications since your last visit, and you simply look at the notifications page, you'll leave one unviewed notification behind. This will nag you for the rest of your life as it drifts further down in the notification stack until you're sure it's not there.

This begs for a "Clear All Notifications" button.

Thanks, but...

1. I cleared notifications back 20 days, at least 100 of them. There were at least 20 that were bold face, but made no difference to the status of NOTIFICATIONS tab.

2. As you can see from the pic attached above, it is MESSAGES(2) tab that is the problem. Clearling Notifications did not make any difference.

3. I have 0 messages, count them. No contacts in my Messages window. Why would there be 2 messages indicated?

This is a silly screw-up by LL. It's not critical, just obnoxious.

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Thanks, but...

Well, I should'a read the entire thread!

I wonder if it's possible for a message thread to get so long that a "More" button shows up at the bottom. If so, then deleting the thread might take out unseen messages, leaving their unread flags in the message count and making it impossible for you to clear them, as the messages are gone.

Regardless of the mechanism, you've discovered a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.