"Secondlife can not be accessed by this computer?" But im not banned whats up?

Cazpian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged off of SL and 15 minutes later I was given "Secondlife can not be accessed by this computer."

Looking over the dozen of Secondlife 'aids' it looks like I was Ip Banned?

I didnt do anything ban worthy. That being the case, I went threw the SL self help to file a report to get it looked into and kept getting snagged.

Theres no 'False Ban' Ban tab, Just Account, Billing, MArket place'

Follow that to the next tabs --------'Abuse, web log ins' Exc

I would Assume I would file under abuse, but I dont want to File in the wrong spot and get over looked. I need my SL back *Cries*

Where do I file my claim? I have no notification I've been banned so I know this is a mistake. Heeelp.

3 answers to this question

Yes, it's possible that you are the victim of mistaken identity.  Someone else in your house or dorm --- someone with the same IP address --- could be the real bad guy.  Or you could be using a computer that was previously owned by someone who was banned. If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. Use the category Account Issue >>. Abuse Appeal.  To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.  meanwhile, check your spam filter to see if an e-mail from Linden Lab has been hung up there.

BTW, just to see if it makes any difference, try rebooting your router.  Unplug it from the power for a few minutes and let it clear its RAM and get a fresh grasp on your IP address.  It's barely possible that you just have a crummy Internet connection.

• Like 1

You're the second person to report this happening to you tonight and a third person had their account logged off by an administrator and suspended for an hour, all for no reason they could determine. I'm guessing that Linden Lab is doing SOMETHING security related with certain accounts and we'll never, ever know what or why. Given that the suspension was for an hour I'm guessing it's a temporary thing. I'm sure that it's nothing any of you did or you wouldn't be on the forum asking about it with great cow eyes (I know the look - I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago.) Your account might have been compromised or somehow been used to do something outside your control. Assuming you get back on soon, I'd suggest changing your password when you can.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.