Adding the ability to open inventory, edit etc. pop ups in a window outside the viewer

rhonin Nissondorf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the side bar got  axed.   All your pop up windows block what ever is behind them.   When i build i  have my inventory  the edit window and  random chat windows open crowded my work area.  If  we could  open  these windows  outside the main viewer window it would clear up my screen..  I have a nice wide screen  lcd that i feel is under utilized .   If you had two screens this would be a even cooler idea.

I have to say I agree. Being that most average technical people use two screens for convenience, if the windows opened and were able to move outside the viewer.. or even to an additional screen.. Secondlife would be much easier to navigate while building and or leave it less cluttered and more enjoyable for the palatable eye.

I don't understand the issue.  If you have a single monitor, even widescreen, the space taken up by the dialog windows whether inside or outside the viewer when maximised will be the same.

Moving them to a secondary monitor is already an option by simply stretching the viewer across both monitors.  I do this regularly when I have a screen full of scripts and still need to see the object i'm editing.

No viewer change required, just stretch the viewer yourself like this:-

twoscreens.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.