Sign in to follow this  
SUGARLUVER Dreadlow

how can i fix the tp when i am in another place it want let me tp back to my linden home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking but I am going to do my best at least on what I understand to be your first question, it sounds to me like your location bar has been turned off somehow, the area you mention with your linden home on it is I suspect referring to the favorites bar which hold links of important place for you.  Without knowing what viewer you are using or seeing it for myself I can't be 100% sure I would stuggest though that you try right clicking on try right clicking on a blank area of the bar around where your current location used to show, or if there is no bar either there now just right click in that area anyway right near the top of the screen.  Several viewer variants will produce a small menu when you do this with around 3 or 4 tick options in it, you would want to tick the option for location bar/address bar or similar wording.

If that doesn't help perhaps you could return and provide some more information for us, current viewer type and version at least, you can find the full version number in Help > About Secondlife/Firestorm/YourViewer.  While you are there you might as well copy the system info too as I it may possibly help with your second issue please see my comment bellow.

Similarly I am having trouble understanding exactly what issue you are having when it comes to your second question, when you say it wants you to TP back to your Linden home what do you mean exactly.  Is it that because of the issue above (No Address Bar) you are not sure how to pick another location, Are you trying to teleport and finding yourself arriving at home when you intended to be somewhere else? Or is the viewer giving you an error message or getting disconnected when you try so you end up logging back in at home?

Those are just a few different situations that come to mind that you could be facing and the likely causes and possible solutions are many without pinning down exactly what is going wrong, I'd be doing you no favours trying to guess on this one so will try and check back in a few hours if you could clarify for me.  If you are getting any kind of message or error could you please include the exact message and also add your system info from help about it might help in diagnosing why it is happening.

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking but I am going to do my best at least on what I understand to be your first question, it sounds to me like your location bar has been turned off somehow, the area you mention with your linden home on it is I suspect referring to the favorites bar which hold links of important place for you.  Without knowing what viewer you are using or seeing it for myself I can't be 100% sure I would stuggest though that you try right clicking on try right clicking on a blank area of the bar around where your current location used to show, or if there is no bar either there now just right click in that area anyway right near the top of the screen.  Several viewer variants will produce a small menu when you do this with around 3 or 4 tick options in it, you would want to tick the option for location bar/address bar or similar wording.

If that doesn't help perhaps you could return and provide some more information for us, current viewer type and version at least, you can find the full version number in Help > About Secondlife/Firestorm/YourViewer.  While you are there you might as well copy the system info too as I it may possibly help with your second issue please see my comment bellow.

Similarly I am having trouble understanding exactly what issue you are having when it comes to your second question, when you say it wants you to TP back to your Linden home what do you mean exactly.  Is it that because of the issue above (No Address Bar) you are not sure how to pick another location, Are you trying to teleport and finding yourself arriving at home when you intended to be somewhere else? Or is the viewer giving you an error message or getting disconnected when you try so you end up logging back in at home?

Those are just a few different situations that come to mind that you could be facing and the likely causes and possible solutions are many without pinning down exactly what is going wrong, I'd be doing you no favours trying to guess on this one so will try and check back in a few hours if you could clarify for me.  If you are getting any kind of message or error could you please include the exact message and also add your system info from help about it might help in diagnosing why it is happening.

It sounds as if you are continuing to have trouble with your Internet connection, since this is related to the same question you have asked before.  If you are using wireless, stop it.  Wireless is a lousy way to enter SL.  It was never designed to handle the continuous, heavy data streaming that SL expects, and it is vulnerable to too much interference.  Use a direct cable connection instead.  Also, reboot your router by unplugging it from the power for a few minutes.  Follow other suggestions for troubleshooting your Internet connection here >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Other things to consider:

1. If your firewall is blocking outbound TCP port 12043, then teleporting, viewing the World Map, crossing regions, and related activities won't work. See Using Second Life with a firewall for more information.

2. Bandwidth settings might be responsible for an unsuccessful teleport.

1. Select Me > Preferences.
  2. Click the Setup tab.
  3. Reduce the Maximum bandwidth setting to the minimum, "500" kbps.

Now, try to teleport to your destination again.

I have this problem infrequently myself and Ive noticed it seems to stop being an issue at low load times, realative to the ISP Hub. Its not really related to SL...its an internet connectivity issue...you MIGHT be abe to counter-act some of the issue by using a wired connection if youre on a wireless connection. 

Also, clearing your cache is ALWAYS a good first step when you have any issues with SL, if that fails, check your computer itself. the hard drive may need to be defragged, you might have malware or a virus too. 

it NEVER hurts to do an overhaul and make sure everything with your computer is working fine!!!

Clearing your cache is rarely a good idea unless you have reason to believe that your inventory or your texture cache files have been corrupted. Specifically, it will have no effect on teleporting. When you clear cache, it WILL force your viewer to download your inventory and all in-world textures and sounds again. That will make rezzing very slow at first and will increase lag for everyone on the sim while the servers are busy handling your downloads.  In general, your cache is your friend.  The larger it is, and the less frequently you clear it, the better off you are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.