What is your opinion please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my opinion,  all this is normal in relationships.  We try a relationship knowing the odds are against that this is the one.  I mean since  most people only have one,  then finding that one,  will take some ups and downs,  happiness and pain.  I try not to think of the end of a relationship as now my heart is damaged and I have to really hate that person.  Why do that?

I try to skip past the ending part which can hurt and look back at the good times and add that too my heart to build it up.

I mean even if someone finds their true soul mate,  there will be pain and joy together and overcoming that pain together can be the most enriching part.  Growing and having an even deeper love.

I do agree with what many have said, if you find someone where things arn't right for either person, move on now, before it gets deeper and deeper.  Let them heal find their true love as well.

One thing about not trying as I see so many people say,  I'll never love again.  Don't give up, don't give up don't give up :heart:

Keep searching keep trying and that one that's right for you,  will be there.  

The problem with giving up is it hurts all the time.  At least when you try, you have joy and pain, but you have amazing joy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NealCrz wrote:

Don't give up, don't give up don't give up :heart:

Keep searching keep trying and that one that's right for you,  will be there.  

The problem with giving up is it hurts all the time.  At least when you try, you have joy and pain, but you have amazing joy.

Thank you Neal.....perfectly put

in my opinion, SL is a game, and every game needs rules.
is cheating? is very possibly.
The downside about SL is a game where feelings are not excluded and, indeed, all of us come to SL putting our feelings in this game.
So if the rules are not clear, cheating will be easy
If you have clear rules, break them will make you feel bad.
Behind every avatar there are a person and her feelings

banner.jpg

I've found this to be the way to go as well. For myself, I prefer to keep my sl seperate from rl. I'm not saying I rp a character in sl or anything like that.  In fact, I believe that virtual worlds provide the opportunity for faster, deeper intimacy (i mean emotionally :matte-motes-nerdy:) than RL does.

It takes forever to drop shields in rl and really let a person in, because we're afraid of being judged. It's easier in sl. As for avatars and the way people present themselves. I find that most people present themselves honestly on an incredibly deep level (I've alway said SL is like mainlining the id) we roll over and show people how we see ourselves, who we believe ourselves to be in our most secret places. Sure, there are a few jerks around, who are here to mess with people and play with people's minds. Though, if you really think about it, they're telling us who they are on their deepest levels as well.

For me, keeping sl and rl physically seperate, has been great.  And Efurou is right, if you do decide to go only SL with future relationships, that really does mean keeping everything SL. No cam, no voice and build your relationship on the stuff you do here in SL.

Personally, for me it's working. I've been with the same person for over a year now. And we're happy. Golly, I hope he doesn't read this.

I kind of disagree...a lot of times (unless you have terrible judgment) exes are exes, not because they're not good people, but because they weren't the right person for you. And often make really good friends.

As for Sonja's choice to go public with whatever annoying PM Denmark ex sent after reading this forum, it's her right to air it if she chooses. No value judgment required on anyone else's part. That is, unless of course, judging people happens to be your thing.
It might be something she regrets or not. But all of us have had times when our emotions and the post button have not been our friends.

Musetta Fieschi wrote:

I kind of disagree...a lot of times (unless you have terrible judgment) exes are exes, not because they're not good people, but because they weren't the right person
for you.
And often make really good friends.

I very much agree. I had relationships in rl that did not work out and we ended up going our separate ways - but that does not mean the time we had together had no value and I cannot look back on good memories. I had a boyfriend I broke up with and he ended up marrying my best friend. We are all still friends, hang out together, all that stuff. They are both very good friends of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Erika Delbonnel wrote:

The downside about SL is a game where feelings are not excluded and, indeed, all of us come to SL putting our feelings in this game.

banner.jpg

SL is not a game, there are no rules, anyone can do anything they wish, so long as they dont break the TOS.

Tell me, does Life have rules? not laws, rules. no. no it doesnt. SL is just like that.. Laws from LL but no rules to follow about interacting with others.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Erika Delbonnel wrote:

banner.jpg

SL is not a game, there are no rules, anyone can do anything they wish, so long as they dont break the TOS.

Tell me, does Life have rules? not laws, rules. no. no it doesnt. SL is just like that.. Laws from LL but no rules to follow about interacting with others.

^^THIS^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.