Sign in to follow this  
Sigma Sella

Greedy land agents grrrrrrr

There is a  512 plot right next door too mine for sale  it is owned by a ' land agent '   they want  9999 L$     I thought this silly land pricing went out the window  ages ago , even back when land prices were really silly I don't remember seeing a small plot for this much :catmad:

It's greedy people like this who are ruining SL   grrrr 

Rant over 

Sigma Sella wrote:It's greedy people like this who are ruining SL   grrrr 

Rant over 

no, it's people like you who think they can determine what other people should do with their property, how much they should value it (and thus, what price they should ask you if you want to have it, probably that price'd be L$0 of course, if not negative).

You're the greedy one, wanting other peoples' property without consideration for the value those other people put on it.

Now, L$10k for a plot that small is excessive, but they're free to ask that, you're free to not accept it. See, freedom all around.

Maybe they think you're greedy for not wanting to sell your plot to them as well, but they're not complaining about it here.

Just like RL, land prices are effected not only by size but locatoin.  You don't say where the plot is.  While it does appear high, it may not be if the plot is prime waterfront in an area in hgh demand.  But even if it is not they can ask what they want for it.  You are not being forced to buy it.  You can also contact the owner and make an offer for what you consider fair/  They may accept it.  There is no rule that you have to pay the asking price.  If you negotiate you may get it for less.

9999L$ is cheap.

I payed 60.000L$ to build a docking place for our Loonetta sailboat and a small boathouse with lounge deck.

(off course, waterfront parcels are the most expensive, especially near the Blake Seas)

Orca Flotta wrote:

And don't forget back in the good old days a 512 plot,even one sub par location cost you 17000L. Not too long ago I saw a woman trying to sell her 512 for almost 200k. Now that was really greedy because she knew the resident yacht club had an eye on that parcel to finally have the whole sim. So one could say it's like blackmailing. End of story was she finally had to abandon the land and it went onthe market for 512L
:)

LOL, I remember those days well.  Newer people complain a lot about tiers now, but land is incredibly cheap to  buy now compared to my earlier days.  It used to be you had to make a substantial payment to buy it then pay at least one months tier immediately.

I suggest renting instead. Advantages:

1. No premium membership needed -> 10 bucks per month saved.
  2. Flexibility -> If a location goes sour, you can move. I had to, thanks to a banline-idiot with his giant privacy screens.
  3. Flexibility -> Short minimum rental times, no long term commitment needed.
  4. Cheaper -> Shop around, good deals are available well below Linden Tier. I currently rent for L$1.06 per prim/wk. Everything below L$1.50 per prim/wk is good, of course, it depends on the location.

Remember to read the rules and convenants before paying the rental box, some landlords don't allow breedables, others despise banlines and security orbs (Rightfully so, I must add).

If you will notice most of the lang agents are lindens.. the second they get abandoned they are snapped up and never go to auction. All the land around me was abandoned and within 24 hours all owned by the same guy and never went to auction.

Abandoned land usually gets set for sale at L$1/sq.m. now, rather than going to auction. There are only a few areas and special cases where it's handled differently. When it's for sale, anybody can buy it, and large land agents have bots (and other means) of noticing that land is freshly set for sale. I suppose it's possible that some of those agents are Linden alts, but I doubt it: the opportunities to make a profit over L$1/sq.m. are just too rare to be worth the time.