:( SLV3 stops on ( Initializing VFS... ) ???

LULU6kat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hej all my SLV3 stops on ( Initializing VFS... ) ??? its bin working fin the last year bot my net had some sort of mishap and naw I can’t get past the ( Initializing VFS... ) is there something to fix this and Unblock this sum haw… ???

I tart reinstalling it swale times bot noting works HEELLLPPPP I hat Firestorm-Release :( gives me a hadean :( I want my SLV3 back plieeesss :(

5 answers to this question

If this occurs, chance are good that the inventory cache is corrupt. Deleting it should solve the problem.

• Locate your cache folder. You will probably need to do this manually, if you are unable to log in. Use a file manager (like Windows Explorer for Windows system, Dolphin, or some such) to locate the cache folder. In its default location, the cache folder is hidden on most OSs. To find it, you will need to show hidden folders. Default cache locations are:
    • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Firestorm
    • Windows Vista: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Firestorm
    • Windows 7: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Firestorm
    • Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Firestorm
    • linux: ~/.firestorm/cache

Note:  If you are using a viewer other than Firestorm, these file locations should be nearly the same.  Just look for the name of your own viewer instead of Firestorm.
  • In this folder, locate the files named data.db2.x.* and index.db2.x.* (where * is a digit: 0, 1, 2, etc; you may have more than one of each type of file)
  • Delete all files that match these two names.
  • Log back into SL, to a quiet region (try Hippo Hollow, Aich or Hatton). Allow your inventory to repopulate fully.

If the above fails, then try doing a full wipe of all settings.

BTW, it is very difficult to read your message.  Consider using a spellcheck option.

• Like 2

:(Noop SLV3 still stops on ( Initializing VFS... ) ??? :(

And noop I Cant dow this (If the above fails, then try doing a full wipe of all settings.

) cors my Second Life Viewer 3 Window doesn’t open at all.. it stop on ( Initializing VFS... ) and then noting happens :(

jjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy omg i love u kiss kiss it woorrks ihhihi jjaaayy omg omg jjaayyyyyyy :D :D :D :D :DTy TY tYTYTTYYTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.