New Fantasy Medieval Roleplay Sim - Darkmoon Isle

Christen Somerset
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let the role play community know that we have opened a new, high quality, fantasy medieval roleplay sim. It is called Darkmoon Isle and is set on a mystical shrouded isle with influances coming from Norse and Celtic cultures... and is partly centered around witchcraft. We also have rentals avaible for housing and shops (and in the skybox for SL vendors), but if you don't have much L$ you can still find someplace to sleep by using roleplay money. We use the LaRPS system (like Legacies did, for those of you who know of it) and it allows for both deep roleplay, but also for some excitement as well. It rewards you for both, as you get the xp for actually roleplaying... and not just for defeating enemies in combat.

We welcome all sorts of fantasy characters and avatars. Dragons, fey, humans, elves, trolls, angels, demons, lycan, and many other races are alowed (just be sure to keep your avatar size down to smaller then a house please). Mages, Warriors, Warlocks, Witches, Wizards, and Rogues are welcome, but it is up to you to decide what skills you possess. There are no predetermined classes here! Come take a look, and discover the secret planes that exist inside of Darkmoon Isle!

Snapshot_001.jpg 

You can find our website at: www.darkmoonisle.com

Here is the SLURL to the sim: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Darkmoon%20Isle/51/141/23/?img=http%3A//www.darkmoonisle.com/images/Snapshot_001.jpg&title=Darkmoon%20Isle

Snapshot_002.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

Snapshot_005.jpg

Snapshot_030.jpg

Yes we are still active and actually opened not long ago. Unforunately we are currently having problems with our website provider. Please hang in there, we'll have it back on line as soon as possible.

I'm one of the admins and builder on the sim, and we are still looking for players to come by. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. 

We are currently rebuilding the site and the old version was suppose to be online until it was completed, but our host provider is having issues somehow. We have been communitcating with them for a over a day now about it. For the moment we have set it to direct to the new site, however it is under contruction. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The SLURL still works.. and the sim is online and complete.

Okay! So while it sucks that the site is down (as I am one of those people who reads EVERYTHING before joining an rp xD) I decided to go to the sim anyway and take a look around. (btw, the larp hud thingy giver isn't doing it's job)

The intro/teleport to the sim proper was FANTASTIC and reminded me a lot of classic rpgs. I liked the immediate immersion it provided and the feeling as though you arrived to this place because of some purposeful reason. Not just, wandered in like so many other fantasy rps D:

First place I went to was the lodge, which is probably a good thing for newcomers. I loved all the details on the tables and the walls and the quality of the items used. The physical NPCs are also great. Keeps the place looking alive even though nobody was around when I creeped.

I took some screenshots of the paces I ventured to, and I must say, even though my graphics are set to super low so my laptop can deal with SL, the place as still rather lovely.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thank you for the WONDERFUL review. We are happy to hear people are enjoying the sim, and we want nothing more then to bring more  to all the roleplayers out there. We worked hard to make the sim as inactive, immersive, and beautiful as possible, even if there isn't many around yet. It is a very new sim, and we recently opened only over a week ago... the traffic is slowly increasing everyday however! Keep coming by people... we hope that soon this will be a very active roleplay sim!

On another note, our issues with our old website have been fixed! So you can check out all the information on the site if you wish. We are currently building a new site, and it should be a lot better when it is finished. The address will not be affected as it currently redirects to our old site, but will still be the same when the new site is complete. You can visit us on the web at:  http://www.darkmoonisle.com

I also went ahead and poked around (all alone). The build is fantastic. I put pictures up on my feed.Also had problems with getting the HUD.

The build is amazingly detailed, and like the previous poster, I love the physical NPCs. We might need to get some NPC monsters in there to fight, too. After all, what's a MMO without a lot of grinding? Looking forward to working the coal mine and harvesting wood :matte-motes-big-grin:.

I'm definitely going to go lurk/fly/poke around some more.

You had problems with the LaRPS hud? You clicked on the box in the entry area? It should give you one without issue. If the box is having a problem I will have to talk to the developer of the system as it is scripted entirely by him. Could it be lag perhaps?

At any rate I want to make sure the sim is smooth for anyone trying to start to play there... so if there is a problem let me know and what you are doing what it happens. I will try to get the issue resolved asap!

And we DO actually have some NPC monsters that were built using the LaRPS system... we would love to add even more then we have, however that is up to the developer of LaRPS as I do not have access to modifying the script APIs inside of them. The ones we DO have we'll be putting down as part of quests and as we get the monster "lairs" built.

The sim will be expanding even further then you have already seen. We are only at less then half the prim allowance. Don't expect that means we will have twice as much however, we do need to reserve a few prims for housing and events... and so players can rez things for RP (you are allowed up to 32 prims to rez temporarily, provided you pick them up when you leave and don't leave them unattended without permission). But we do plan on adding another dimensional plane simply refered to as "Beyond the Veil" as well as an underdark sort of area called "The Abyss".

As far as the coal mine goes, you can currently use the animation there to RP collecting coal.... however when "The Abyss" is complete, that will be one TP that will take you to the mines down below... which will connect to a system of tunnels filled with all sorts of inhabitants. Collecting wood will have to be done strictly with RP at the moment, but we probably will add some element later that will allow an animation while doing so.

It will give you a link to go to the LaRPS website to make your character for the first time. After you are done with that it will give you a pin number (or at least at some point of the process it will). You should make a note of this number. If you lost your pin number, you will have to go to another sim where they have a pin retrevier as we have not gotten our pin retrevier yet (nor am I sure when we will get that). 

If you still are having issues and can't find your pin, you can go here and look for the pin retrevier:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Serenity%20Falls%20Island/227/60/2501

The system is all the same so it doesn't matter which you use (LaRPS is LaRPS). Hopefully soon we will be given our own in case somebody loses their pin. Please keep in mind since we are a new sim, you will be using your global LaRPS characters... not game realm ones. Later that will change, but you will be able to transfer your global characters to our game realm when it is finally created within the LaRPS system.

Yes I would say that is a fair assessment. Alternatively, they could just as well be considered fae... but after looking at the myth of the creature more I would say it probably more belongs in the Chimera catagory. Chimeras would probably include Chimeras (of course), Minotaur, Centar, Saytr, Faun, Manticore, Gryphon, or any other type of similar magical creature that is a mix of other creatures.

Also keep in mind that at the moment we are limited to the default races availible because we are a global LaRPS realm. When we become a LaRPS offical game realm (takes about 6 months of running an RP sim... and as of now we have roughly two weeks since we opened).. then we will have the option of tailoring the races to our liking. Adding new races (aka adding totally new stats, not just renaming them etc) is also possible, however a bit harder to get done as well because we would need the developer of LaRPS to add them for us. The entire system is database driven so they have to do that work on their end.

Hello

As soon I've read your post, I went to Darkmoon site and Larps. I'm not familiar with RP but I've read a lot about it and I have the idea how it goes. Then i went for a visit to the Island and is really amazing. As it was said before, the intro/TP is really great. I was just afraid to enter a house by mistake. I touched the box and I have Larps in my inventory,but though I've read almost the whole site, it's still hard to me, besides I

I would say that Chimera should be fine... and it says they have flying ability on the LaRPS.net sample races, however that is only true if they have wings. Remember it can be a wide variety of type of races that fall under this. And don't worry about stats TOO much, they don't make or break the character at all... it's more of what you do with them once they are created.

Thank you for the compliements! :) And don't worry about entering any houses by accident, any that you can enter are not locked... and if they are not locked they are not rented. If they are not rented, nobody will mind. The LaRPS system is one of those things that might seem complicated, but really isn't (at least not when playing with it). You just have to learn how the system works. If you need any help just ask any of our admins that are very often online and we will help you through all the steps. :)

It was nearing closing time at the Red Crow Inn. All the patrons had gone home. Lady Verda was explaining to Curi what her duties would be as the new innkeeper. As they chatted, there was a rustling and dripping sound coming from outside. The two women looked towards the windows that faced the town square but could see nothing in the darkness since even the moon had set long ago.

The two turned their attention back to cleaning up the great room and washing the last of the ale mugs before calling it a night. As they worked they became aware of a quiet dripping sound still coming from outside. Lady Verda shivvered and the young Curi again turned to look out the window. Curi jumped and pointed at the window, "I see something out there, it's looking back in at us."

"It?" enquired the Lady.

Curi smiled, "I can't tell, just the shadow of a face. It's very big though, do you know what that is"? Lady Verda look towards the window again and saw a shadow at the window, barely visible in the weak candle light shining from inside the Red Crow.

As Lady Verda was looking, Curi raised a hand and waved at the strange creature outside the window. Slowly the shadow of a clawed hand with 4 digits raised to the face of the creature, touching his forhead with a sharp claw and waving sideways. Inspired by the wave, even if it was a spooky wave, Curi motioned towards the front door of the Red Crow Inn but the creature just shook it's head and mimmicked the strange wave again.

As the two women watched from inside the Red Crow, the shadow moved off to the east, heading away from the Inn and out of the town of Darkhaven.

The two quickly finished their work and left together, being sure the door to the Inn was securely locked.

• 4 weeks later...

So glad I don't have to clean up the mess.

From their high position, both demon and fallen angel could see giant dogs dashing through the port's streets, overturning stalls and attacking everyone in sight. As he watched, DarkAngler thought, Hell hounds...? Then, with some apprehension: How did they end up here? Aloud, he kept his discomfort out of his voice and hmmed before stating mildly, "That is not good." After a pause, during which he watched a woman ripped in two, he reluctantly asked, "Should we attempt to do something?" Inwardly, however, he whispered, Please say 'no'; I don't want to die. Not yet, at least.

• 1 year later...

Archived