Looking for DJ mentor

snigletz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya! i'm looking for someone who is knowledgable in being a dj in second life. Someone who doesnt mind taking a little bit of time to help guide me through the process. Ultimately, i could do it myself. However, i personally find it easier to follow and understand if i'm speaking with someone who has experience and, above all, patience. 

Now i only wish i could be a "true" DJ. Matching beats and the whole lot as a actual DJ should be but i do not have that kind of talent... maybe in good time i will. For the time being i want to be able to do the basic stuff but also make it sound good too ya know? create a playlist that has a flow of good music both rare and original. Not only that but i do know that making a playlist to play at a club can be "tweaked" such as fading into other songs depending on program chosen. If building the hype and voice interacting is a big part of a SL DJ, then that part is in the bag. Tht would be my strength i'd imagine. 

i'm into old school trance music, old jungle, house/hard house, dubstep, vocaloid and other obscure rock. my preferrence is all dance music mostly because i have a significant collection of it. 

Ive searched for a mentor in world, but its been hard for me to find someone who is willing to take the time and show a n00b what is up. So hopefully i can find someone here who enjoys teaching and wouldnt mind taking some time to show me whats up.

Keep it copacetic!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.