How do I change the color of an clothing accessory that I bought?

djmxz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new at this game.

I bought a pair of cyber goggles and they came with alot of lenses and colors. The problem is, that I can't change the color of them! I just can't find any meny.

It was a text file in the pack that said that I have to click on the lense and choose a color from the drop-meny, but NOTHING happens when I click on them =(

Welcome to the brave new world of SL, djmxz.

Some items require you to keep the mouse buttton pressed for 2 seconds in order to get the menu.

Were you wearing the goggles when you tried it?

Edit them (right click the goggles, choose edit from the pie menu), go to contens tab and see if there actually is a script in it.

How old are those goggles? Over the years many items just stopped working in SL. This is due to changes to the server code. Contact the creator of the goggles and ask them what's up with their product.

Oh, and one more thing: although we can and do play in SL it is not a game! It's a virtual world, a platform to do whatever you please. SL as such has no obective, no goal, no level up, no rules aside from the TOS. We are residents not players. So by definition it can't be a game.

Make sure you're not in a 'no-script' area when clicking the goggles otherwise the menu won't appear. Check the icons in top bar. If still having issues in an area where scripts are allowed, send a notecard to the creator outlining the problem along with details of the purchase from your Transaction History.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.