General Sci-Fi rp sims / spacestation spaceship sims

Vercetti Hofmann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after searching for a while and not stumbling upon any decent quality sims i am beginning to wonder if there even are any general sci-fi related sims of decent quality.

Replies with sims towards one thing like star wars or star trek need not reply, it has to be general.

My ideal would be a clutch of sims together that simulate a small area of a  galaxy or something where people create make their own stories but without star trek  or star wars. mass effect 2 style that would be brutally awesome good but i think chances are zero to none that something will ever get close to that :(

Doomed Spaceship! That is the best one I can offer. The build is amazing and it barely lags on my rather poor computer. I haven't been in awhile but all the people there I've seen are great. 

However, be warned that the sim is Adult and there are a few adult things tucked away. 

I would give you a slurl but I can't go in-world. It should come up right away in search however. 

I agree with you solstyse however the main reason for it is Sim cost. the prices and upkeep are just to high for the general public to jump in unless you have a model of playing even or making profit.

A shared load with a few others is a nice idea but then you have to compromise with the others ideas which ultimatly leads to fractures and projects falling apart like so many other projects.

If i had the cash on hand to just randomly buy and maintain a sim sure i would do it in a heartbeat. it is just not that black and white tho.

That is the main reason why alot of it has simply not been created, because the cost and upkeep dont outweigh the benefit/gain.

i guess it's sort of a stalemate which is a shame because i see so many crappy sims or lovely projects but the traffic and population is just not there because the owners restrict it to their wishes, which is logical because they pay for it. henceforth alot/almost all will slowly wither away or become just fancy shopping sims that try to proclaim things that they really are not just to get more shopholders in/rent off shops.

Here's one idea. Start small. Smaller than you would like. smaller than what is ideal. Generate interest from there, then once you have it pick up and move to the area you want. It's not perfect or ideal, but it is a sort of workaround.

By starting on whatever small parcel you build on, you can test the waters with people, and see who has similar ideas, and who can discuss their differences with you diplomatically. Who can contribute, in what ways... The sim that I'm on is working like that now. We're currently closed, because we're in between land. (got rid of the old, still looking for the ideal new)

It may work out for you, it may not. But if you start small, at least you're not putting a huge amount of your own funds at risk.

Yes .. doomed does not really fit the topic but from all the changes I have seen made to it, it looks like those running it are trying very much to get away from the sex sim topic. When I was there last time, they scaled the land back to 'mature' and stated in the notecard that people looking for sci-fi sex and tentacles should go to necronom instead.

The newly rebuild parts of the ship also seem to lack the hidden poseballs and just as the tentacles, I have only found them in the parts of the ship that are now a few years old.

All good (when slow moving) changes I appreciate a lot (and hope I am right with this and that it will be succesful) but the sim is still very much everything-goes and best suited for personal scens with a few freinds or a secondery RP location

And should you find a sim as described in your question then please tell! I am looking for years now  :matte-motes-crying:

Oh yes, Insilico is nice and a great location for RP. Hangars Liquides looks even better in my opinion, but both lack from various problems ... one being that they don't have enough people to play there and lack RP organisation through groups, factions and GMs to push the play ... and with Hangars Liquides, the sim not having been build with RP in mind. 

I have seen every name you guys are mentioning.

Sadly Rin Tae is correct on all accounts about those specific sims. 

They are more prestige objects, personal creation boxes then that they are meant for RP. there is no community no real understanding how to get a sim populated or to put the effort in. 

That is why everyone of those sims is on the list of : "Useless sims" in my notepad of sims likely to be vibrant and where you can have an "experience" and not wander around in a desolate sim.

SL has become trivial for me because these kind of sims or actually MOST sims are empty carcasses.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ive been searching for years as well for a good space sim. There used to be one that was awesome, had a low monthly cost to be able to rez ships (price based on how many prims you wanted to be able to rez) but it closed down and I havent been able to find another like it since. It sucks terribly, because Ive some awesome ships Id love to use but most are too many prims for the average places, and even some sandboxes have asked me to derezz. I have ships that have anywhere from 100-14000 prims.....so Id need a big place.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post, but maybe u still see it or someone else will and benefit from it.

Sadly, I have to agree with you. There isnt anything out there unless u are into RP and even then, from what I have seen , they have a spaceship but no space to fly in.

The only place I found is LaGrange Spaceport. Not much traffic but the owner is very nice and lets u rez ur ship and use the facility. I usually leave them L100 as a tocken whenever I fly there.

I have been looking at sims. The best deal I have found is a rental( no upfront cost!) for a full sim. 19000 a week, 15000 prims.Thats around $300.- per month.Next would be a full sim Homestead for 6888 a week but its very limited. Can only handle 3750 prims and only 20 Avatars.That would be about $120.- a month. Maybe that would be the way to go just to test the waters. If it works by breaking even then the next move would be the step up.

If anybody wants to partner up with me, lets talk. $300.- is a bit steep for me on an if come situation. But I really see no other way if u want to make anykind of profit.Im talking about shops, Rentals, Club house etc.

Check out LaGrange, they have a pretty nice model happening. 3 levels for flying and from what I hear, a waiting list for the rental units in space(2nd level)

Be well

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.