Help me not quitting Second Life

NicolinaGrant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just spent a month away from sl, from the 17th/8 to the 17th/9, the longest ever time in the 5 years I been here, I found it very easy, in fact it was good for me, didn't have to put up with the dally greifing from people in sl or the redtops here, I came back to finish the products I started and to put them on market place, I been back 3 days, the first 2 days people with old scores hunted me out and the redtops insult as they did before, but today the stalker has vanished, pity the redtops don't but that aside, although I had 1 month of lovely peace the 3 days I have been back have been stressful but I hope to have regained enough strength to finish what I stated and then plan to leave for good as a game, I will visit for just an hour every 2 weeks to just check the servers and land and take any money out, I will not visit this forum as this is one of the main points of stress as you are finding out now, lot of the so called helpers here are more akin to ss guards.

Boudicca Littlebird wrote:

I will not visit this forum as this is one of the main points of stress as you are finding out now, lot of the so called helpers here are more akin to ss guards.

Wishing luck to you and I am posting to you as what I quoted above is so true for many people that come here and if the "regulars" who have been here since maybe 2009 wouldn't jump on or attack the OP when it's a sincere question or some need of help (I am excluding the posters who post to stir up debate/arguements) it's like a clique that reminds me of the movie St. Elmos Fire lol. Interesting to read and good for a chuckle some of their posts I must say. Again, hope you have success with your selling sorry you are finding it draining to be in sl :(

Baring your soul to a public internet forum is like sticking your hand in a fishbowl  swarming with hungry piranha's.

Here is a poem that captures sl for me:

Entertainment value

Usually, the interest wanes
after a single stay...
It is different now:
You remained another day.

At this point I gave my view on life in second life, but I thought better of it and deleted the paragraph.

I wish you good luck...it is the only thing I can do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.