How to stop automatically accepting inventory?

Kaitlin Fray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i.e. it appearing in my inventory without me accepting?

I'm using Firestorm v4.1.1.28744. In Privacy, I don't have "automatically accept new inventory items" checked, so I just don't understand it.

Edit: Oh, that must be it @ Nyll's reply. I didn't realise that happens, it might be something new? I don't recall this being the case from a year ago :s

3 answers to this question

That should have solved the problem.  Strange that it didn't.  Open your Advanced menu (CTRL + Alt + D) and then Debug Settings.  Type in "AutoAcceptNewInventory".  The setting in that new display should say FALSE.  If it doesn't, change it.

When you have that flag set to FALSE, whether it's with a Debug Setting or with Firestorm's shortcut in Preferences, it will automatically reject notecards, LMs, and textures.  AFAIK, you can't automatically accept objects, clothing, scripts, or other items.

• Like 1

Second Life v3 and I'm sure all viewers are the same automatically accept items to your inventory whether you have that option ticked or not. If the option is ticked, there they stay. If that option is not ticked, you should see a dialog asking you to Accept, Discard or Block. Discard will send the items to your Trash and Block will make them disappear with no facility to recover.

Could it be the items you see are auto-accepted as normal but you have yet to click the dialog on what to do with them?

Receiving an object

To prevent possible inventory losses, Second Life automatically accepts all inventory offers.  Whenever you receive an inventory item, Second Life presents you with a dialog containing the following options:

• Show - Opens your inventory and highlights the received item.
  • Discard - Sends the newly accepted inventory item directly to your Trash folder.
  • Block - Blocks the Resident who sent you the object.
  • Like 1

Hi Kaitlin.

To correct my reply slightly, the dialog says Show, Discard or Block not Accept, Discard or Block. Show highlights the item in Inventory and opens it if applicable such as an image but in that instance it will have a delete button so you can direct it straight to Trash if you wish.

I think it was always the case that items were delivered to your Inventory but formerly there was just an Accept or Decline choice. If offline you would get an email saying you have received inventory and to log in to accept or decline.

If in Busy Mode, items received from another avatar were automatically declined and directed to Trash where you could retrieve it if you remembered to check there after exiting Busy Mode as you didn't get notifications. Offers from scripted objects were declined and lost which always caused a host of questions on Answers relating to XStreet items purchased and lost because the person was in Busy Mode, Far as I know that remains the same (I never use Busy Mode) though not sure about items delivered by the new Marketplace Direct Delivery system. Perhaps they go straight to Inventory without being declined and lost.  (edit..on reflection they must beccause you just get a delivery message and not a dialog). I think people tend to use auto response more now than Busy Mode.

I never used Phoenix so I'm not too sure if its AutoAccept box does something different but you hadn't it ticked anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.