Sign in to follow this  
Perrie Juran

New GeForce Drivers Released Today

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Yea I got mine yesterday. I feel all lubed up now.... lol

nothing like a good oil  change to get the bowels moving.

I updated as soon as notified.  The updater crashed leaving me with an indictor telling me that the GPU in my lap top was on whenever power was on, but none of my software could find or use the GPU. 

Sigh, think I'll give it another week or so before I try again.

GT 550M

VRprofessor wrote:

I updated as soon as notified.  The updater crashed leaving me with an indictor telling me that the GPU in my lap top was on whenever power was on, but none of my software could find or use the GPU. 

Sigh, think I'll give it another week or so before I try again.

GT 550M

The old wisdom in updates is: "If your computer/drivers/software isn't broken, don't try to fix it".  The latest, just released drivers, are not always the best and shiniest ones.  :matte-motes-nerdy:  :smileywink:

Some truth to this. Apparently, last of the line video drivers sometimes bring regressions regarding performance and features. Peak stability + performance tends to come somewhere in the middle of a card's run, though older Ati may be an exception. In any case, I lept on this update immediately; I've been running Windows 8 for about a month now, but not with an official driver. This one seems to work a tad better, though I still can't set my acellerator's core voltage in software. Ack!

Also... 'nother thing of note. New drivers bring newer/better OpenGL support. SL OpenGL support is a moving target. I think that's why SL will run poorly or not at all on machines with broken Open GL support (e.g, bad years Ati/IGP 345) or machines running old drivers.