Sign in to follow this  
Emil Praga

After TP, FPS drop

Ok, so since i know myself playing SL this has been an issue i have never been able to figure it out.

I'll just give an example: I'm on SIM X (no avies) with 75 FPS, i'm TP'ing to SIM Y ( lots of avies around ) FPS drops to 20, now here is the problem...... I TP back to sim X and my FPS don't reach anymore 75 no matter what i do or where i look, they stop around 35-40.

Why is this S*it happening?:manmad:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (2497.52 MHz)
Memory: 5120 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0448
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

I've experienced that problem, a sort of hanging application. I currently have a mesh download message that doesn't go away. I just avoid avatars whose presence prompts that message.

In one instance, the function Sleep appeared to be hanging as indicated by the Fast Timers in the Advance or develop menu. Aspects of the exact functions may be proprietary, and part of the reason for finding little information about the problem.

About 3 weeks ago, I was experiencing gpu, or cpu runaway, I viewed the event while it was occurring, in my Pc's task manager / performance statistics page. Minimizing the Second Life window by clicking on my computer task bar, brought the situation under control. You could try that.

If your Pc has an Event viewer, you could look in there for any hanging applications.

Opening the Statistic Bar page in the advance menu, sometimes has a strange effect of raising your FPS.