Sign in to follow this  
Qie Niangao

Keyframed motion b0rked in beta viewer (3.4.0.264601)

So this is fun. I have a grungy little ferry that shuttles back and forth between docks in Eagan. I scripted it ages ago just on a whim, so I didn't bother with making the movement realistic or anything, but at least it moves continuously, as you'd note when viewing it with the current standard viewer (3.3.4.264241). Its motion is, however, very flaky when viewed with the beta viewer: it spins past the docked rotation, sometimes well downstream, then abruptly snaps to the correct docked position where it briefly rests before going back.

I'd file a bug report, but I think it would be more fun if this made it into the release and broke all KFM content. Unless there's already a duplicate report--knowledge of which is forbidden to mere mortals.  

(Also, it gives a bit of a glimpse into how much of KFM is viewer-dependent, despite the steady stream of updates from the server.)

[EDIT: Oh, well, sure enough, there is a duplicate filed before the jira was nerfed so I could still find it. Unfortunately, it was reportedly fixed in an earlier beta, but the regression has regressed again in the new version. Sigh.]