Sign in to follow this  
Maranda222

Is there any legal camping chairs in sl?

Question

Camping chairs aren't as common as they once were, but you can still find them.  You just have to look very hard.  They are legal, so long as the shop owner doesn't have bots sitting in them. Frankly, though, they have never been a good way to earn L$. You earn practically nothing for sitting on a pose ball for hours, when you could be off enjoying SL or maybe earning more money doing something entirely different. 

The easiest way to get L$, of course, is to buy them. Just go to the Lindex and use your lunch money to buy yourself a couple of thousand L$.  You'll be able to buy loads of stuff without breaking a sweat.  Earning the same amount of money in SL almost always means having some marketable skill as a builder, scripter, or designer, or as a performer or DJ.  You'll work longer hours for lower pay than if you had done the same work in RL, but it can be rewarding.  Take a look at these suggestions >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life .  You can also earn small amounts of money playing games or entering contests.

You don't really need much money to have fun in SL.   For one thing, the exchange rate is very favorable ($4 USD == L$1,000), so your lunch money goes a long way.  Heck, you can buy a great pair of shoes for about $2 USD.  For another thing, there's a load of free stuff in SL, and a lot of it is good quality merchandise. You don't have to pay for food, taxis, or medical bills.  You don't even need to own a home (although that can be fun). 

• Like 3

7 answers to this question

Camping chairs aren't as common as they once were, but you can still find them.  You just have to look very hard.  They are legal, so long as the shop owner doesn't have bots sitting in them. Frankly, though, they have never been a good way to earn L$. You earn practically nothing for sitting on a pose ball for hours, when you could be off enjoying SL or maybe earning more money doing something entirely different. 

The easiest way to get L$, of course, is to buy them. Just go to the Lindex and use your lunch money to buy yourself a couple of thousand L$.  You'll be able to buy loads of stuff without breaking a sweat.  Earning the same amount of money in SL almost always means having some marketable skill as a builder, scripter, or designer, or as a performer or DJ.  You'll work longer hours for lower pay than if you had done the same work in RL, but it can be rewarding.  Take a look at these suggestions >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life .  You can also earn small amounts of money playing games or entering contests.

You don't really need much money to have fun in SL.   For one thing, the exchange rate is very favorable ($4 USD == L$1,000), so your lunch money goes a long way.  Heck, you can buy a great pair of shoes for about $2 USD.  For another thing, there's a load of free stuff in SL, and a lot of it is good quality merchandise. You don't have to pay for food, taxis, or medical bills.  You don't even need to own a home (although that can be fun). 

• Like 3

I have no idea why, but sometimes when I am working I like to have an SL session open.  It is silly if not outright stupid but since I am working and really can not do anything in SL I will park my avi in a camping chair while I work. 

There are a few camping chairs and boards around still, I see them from time to time but most pay like a linden and HOUR. I mean really!!! I think they are in part a way for owners to "camp" their alts for traffic as I have a difficult time believing anyone would actually camp for 1/250th of a dollar for an hour of their time. Not a good value.

You would be better off to head over to Linden Realms where with some practice and skill level attainment you can earn up to 100 linden an hour WITHOUT CHEATING. Beware that there is a ton of cheating going on over there. So don't get too depressed or just join in with the cheaters if you want I guess :D.

I think their might be one or two still around I haven't seen SL camping in years. Maybe it's cos I don't look for it as I buy my LS now but when I joined about 6 years ago SL was full of camping and I camped all the time also made new freinds that way too sitting chatting to PPL I know of boards and lucky chairs that are still up and running as I do them a lot as for camping for Ls dunno were looking for a camping bench for or SL museum that well give out roses instead of Ls but only camping I do in SL now is in a tent on SL holidays

I haven't seen any in years  I did camp  a few weeks ago for a SL smart phone but not Ls I'm sure their must be for  newcomers   I used to camp all the time years ago before I started buying in Ls  but all the LM I have are dead now but good luck finding a camping spot 

I think since the gambling laws came in most of the camping chairs now have become prize chairs where you sit for a prize which I personally do have outside my shop I think its a way of awarding people for supporting my shop and I be honest it helps my traffic as well but I do it simply because I like to have fun I like to see others happy and its not about the money for me I haven't sold anything in months but you know what if people come to my sim and have fun im happy