Keep getting logged out.

Pinkyshot Lytton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been searching through the forum, and I see people with similar problems, but everything I try doesn't work.

I have hooked directly to my modem.

I have made sure the proper ports are open.

I have tried the original viewer and firestorm. They load up fine, but I don't really load and after about 30 or so seconds I get logged out.

Just one day started doing it and really haven't had the time to mess with it till now.

Before it started I could log on just fine.

Some of my specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Asus G60JX Series Notebook

DualCore Intel Core i5 430M, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)

Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55, Intel Ironlake-M

4 gb of ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M (1024 MB)

Greetings, Pinkyshot.

Please bring up a log in screen for your chosen viewer, but before you log in, use the menus at the top of the screen to reduce your graphics/draw distance.  Also clear your cache.

Also ensure you have got up-to-date drivers for your graphics card.

When you log in, change the start login location to Furball or Quarrel.

Now please let us know if you are able to log in.

Other suggestions will follow.

Good luck!

I can log in and i can stay on while im on furball, but it seems like when I go to another it does it.

I have open the statisics and it is showing my bandwidth going from 1 to 10 kbps than all a sudden to the 300's. I know its suppose to bounce around, but when I go to other places it stays very low. Than it stops.

I play other online games with no problems I don't know why this one is such a pain. It seems like only part of my bandwidth is being open up for second life even after I open the ports that they say need to be opened.

It might be relative to an issue that was reported on a JIRA at the beginning of August. Then again, it might not be.  (This is the forum thread that relates to a bandwith issue that is ongoing http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Bandwidth-Usage-Warning/td-p/1640209  )

When you log back into Furball, please check your draw distance is on it's lowest setting, and then try and teleport to where you want to be.

I'm having to sign out for now, but hopefully one of the more expert people than me will be able to give you further advice on this. 

I'm having the same issues with the SL viewer and Exodus.  Am totally good on firestorm.

You are at 304,022.0, 280,947.0, 21.4 in Qyest located at sim8032.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.37.99:13002)
Second Life Server 12.09.04.264357
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3410.04 MHz)
Memory: 8110 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0013.0142
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 2.1.3010.6270

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 128
Bandwidth: 1000
LOD factor: 2
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 51/64,660 (0.1%)

Got about 8 mb down and 1 up.  DSL.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem for over 2 weeks now.  Everytime I log in I am immediately logged out by the system.  I have tried repeatedly clearing my cache, deleting internet temp files and cookies, uninstall/reinstall SL, rebooting, logging in to different (quiet) regions and nothing works.  I have been able to log in with a different account with no problems.   I have reported this to SL Support with no help or solution so far.  I read somewhere on this site that the issue may be caused by an avvie being "hung up" in a region and will continue until that region is restarted.  But surely if that is the case it would have been cleared up after 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend this happened to, and we tried everything that is listed as possible solutions, and then some - including replacing the router!

Eventually it seems to have been fixed by a re-install of Windows 7 - I am thinking that there is something that messes up something in the way Windows 7 works with Second Life.  I do wonder how many people just leave Second Life when they find it no longer works for them, yet other games do.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.