HELP I am trying to upload mesh clothing to SL and im having issues!

Syler Helix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, So I have been in search for this answer for over 5 weeks. I can create any model in BLENDER which My models are second life clothings such as tank tops, dresses, etc. Which I am having a horrific time because here is my issue:

:::::ISSUES::::::

I create a model in blender which for in this example, is a tank top.
then I go to rig it and then i try to upload to second life. I am always having issues when using blender to upload to second life. I export as a .dae with avastar. the rig is perfectly fine. no issues untill i go to upload  to second life. then i have issues. alot of times my mesh in preview mode in sl mesh upload looks all CRUMBLED and destroyed like a paper ball.. it just isnt my mesh i made ... what could be the issue? ALSO I HAD a friend tell me about hexagon. so i tried hexagon, and then i tried importing my .obj from hexagon to blender avastar for rigging and it worked!!! however i want to use blender is there a way of fixing blender? what is the problem!???

5 answers to this question

There is a way to use Blender only to upload mesh. :) Your problem is possible to fix, I'm sure. I'm not entirely sure how to help, though, as I don't fully understand the problem. I also don't use Avastar, so I can not tell if the issue is with this particular tool, or how to use it to prevent the issue.

A couple of things. First, make sure you apply rotation and scaling on your model before exporting (ctrl+A). When you want to export to a .dae file, make sure you select the preset from the menu in the toolbar on the right hand side in the export settings. This will ensure you have the correct options selected for SL export.

Lastly, you may get more replies if you post your questions in the Mesh subforum - Mesh - as I think more mesh creators check the forum. I would suggest you include a screenshot from Blender and from the uploader to make it easier for people to see what is going on.

I have been trying to help my niece for the past few months cope with similar uploading issues and no they are not completely solved but we are getting close.

First thing is be absolutely certain all your rotation, translation and modifiers have been applied before you do the export to SL Collada to made the dae you will upload to SL.

With avastar go back to the download link they sent you when you bought it and download the most recent update for it. MANY of the issues that caused distortions have been fixed. The thing to remember is Avastar is still a beta product there are going to be bugs and those bugs are going to over time get squashed. So check your download link for updates often.

Right now my niece is having an issue with the upload being smaller than what she designed and rigged. She bug reported it to the avastar people. They tested her issue with her own files which she sent and was told it is a known bug that has been fixed in the next release due out shortly. But this is a size issue not a crumple mesh issue.

Her crumpled mesh issue was fixed several updates back. SO please check for an update that might just fix your problem.

59 minutes ago, nataliarecos said:

Hi! I'm having the same Issues. I alredy aplied rotation and scale, but it still doesnt work.

Someone can help?

Note that this is a FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD and will have very little to do with your current problem. If you are using AVASTAR then the avastar group is your mostly likely help area OR post some screenshots showing the exact issue and tell what you did. No one can answer your question without more info.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.