Sign in to follow this  
Tigertat

SL Love

How many people have lovers in SL and in RL?  Is that the norm or is it frowned upon? Just curious.. Saw it on show called my strange addictions...

Do you mean how many have two separate people? One in each world? I don't know but I would imagine that is the norm. Or at least its normal to have someone if rl if you are able?

As for the frowning, lol there will be someone to frown about something no matter what you do so why care how they feel.

I have a partner in SL who i love just If we were together in RL..I also have a spouse in RL.

I think many people with partners in SL are trying to compensate what they are missing in their RL and its the norm.

Nobody knows how many have that. But let me say....why not? There are a lot people who like to keep SL relationships SL only and I can understand that.

Tigertat wrote:

How many people have lovers in SL and in RL?  Is that the norm or is it frowned upon? Just curious.. Saw it on show called my strange addictions...

im married in RL altho my husband & i live apart due to our jobs .. we see one another once or twice per month .. more or less .. but keep in touch by phone & over the internet .. he doesnt have anything to do w/ SL

i have SL relationships w/ other guys sometimes .. altho not currently .. is it "cheating" .. i dunno .. & dont care either

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Tigertat wrote:

im married in RL altho my husband & i live apart due to our jobs .. we see one another once or twice per month .. more or less .. but keep in touch by phone & over the internet .. he doesnt have anything to do w/ SL

i have SL relationships w/ other guys sometimes .. altho not currently ..
is it "cheating" .
. i dunno .. & dont care either

Jeanne

Ah dang...you beat me to it!  I was going to ask if this was an "Is it Cheating" thread.  Haven't seen one in awhile.

Most partnerships you see (the extra line of text in profiles) are either:

- Business partnerships

or

- Good friends who want to make themselves look cool by having someone's name in their profile

or

- RP may require it

True husband/wife, husband/husband, wife/wife? Yeah good luck finding those.

I've met a few couples in SL who are also RL couples, whethere they've met in SL then subsequently gotten married in RL, or started in RL and both play SL together. It's not terribly common, true, but it does happen.

I met my husband in SL, two months later we met in RL and have been a couple in in SL and RL for two years. We have a dog and cat.

Tigertat wrote:

Just lovers? Probably many people, lol. I don't really care if thats what someone wants to do, but I wouldn't want to be with someone on SL who is married/has a partner in RL (or even in SL). I wouldn't do it myself anyway, unless its an open partnership in SL and has nothing to with RL.