Wordpress Hosting

Sae Luan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm hoping someone can share some advice with me.  I started out back years ago by purchasing a domain name through godaddy for a blogspot blog I had.  As time went on, I switched to a wordpress blog and upgraded my godaddy accounts for a ton of stuff and started hosting my blog with godaddy.

It worked fine for a while, but for over 2 weeks, I've barely even been able to log into my admin panel for my wordpress.  I get this - WPissue.jpg

I get this when just loading the website often now too.  I'd say about 75% of the time.  IF I am able to log into the admin page, once I click to add a new post or anything else in the admin panel, it will go to this page about 95% of the time.

I'm super annoyed right now.  I've tried everything godaddy suggests about slow loading wordpress installs, and I've gotten nowhere.  I'm starting to think I need to change hosting providers.

So, anyone who has any experience with any of this.. any steps I can take to fix this issue?  If godaddy is just crap, which I'm being led to believe, who should I be hosting with?

Thanks so much.

Yep there definitely seems to be something up server side. Get on godaddy technical support and have them take a look at it. It is not normal behavior. If you need to test wether it is something with the wordpress install then try installing wordpress again on a subfolder or better yet create a subdomain to test on.

Here are a few things you might try

1 Disable all your plugins and re-enable one at a time to find the problem plugin. If that doesn't work then step 2

2 Try adding a caching plugin to WordPress to minimize database calls.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

If those steps still don't work. read the article here. I know it gets very technical, so If it is too much for you then contact your server support.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-admin-even-33-incredibly-slow

Hope that helps :)

Edit

Also this plugin

WP Sanitize : Auto WordPress Optimizer Plugin

Thanks for the feedback.  I found out today I have a Windows hosting plan. Since WordPress is a PHP based program it functions best in a Linux environment.  That's what I was able to find out through support.

The reason I didn't contact support in the first place was due to a couple of bad past experiences with them, but I decided after trying literally everything else that I would contact them one last time before changing hosting providers.  Hopefully their suggestion to change my hosting account to a Linux account will work.  Personally, I had no idea of anything to do with Linux or Windows as far as hosting goes.. I just bought what seemed to fit what I needed.  Luckily the change over to Linux is free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.