Noob Makeover Forum Edition

Darren Scorpio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I am bored so let's see what comes of this. Here is the challenge: Pick anyone of the starter avatars and make it less newbie. You are NOT allowed to change the shape, the eyes, nor the skin, everything else you can change. Post your before and after pics here, no Photoshoping allowed but you can use any windlight settings and other viewer features to take your pics. The best transformation here will win.

Here is mine.

Snapshot_002.jpg

Before

Snapshot_003.jpg

After.

Used: hair from *Drot*, Ears from :GAUGED:, top from SEY, Pants from A:S:S, shoes from CS Design, Glasses from PrimOptic.

Ok I was a little lazy on the picture taking but let's see what everyone else comes up with.

I chose to work on the Female Explorer avatar. While she's not entirely a write-off in looks to start with, I think I helped.

re-noobed.png

A little dramatic make-up worked wonders on the eyes, and I went with a long mesh hairstyle. The clothes in the original av are on the skin, so I covered up with a nautical suit. You can't see in the photo, but I replaced the chunky boots with some simple pumps.

I liked the idea of this, so I had another try. This time, the demure Steampunk girl. Lots of fun with this one...

re-noobed_steampunk.png

More punk, less steam. Again, you have to cover all the baked on underwear, so options are a bit limited. Crazy 80s hair, crazier make-up and piercings... I don't think the original approves.

Darren Scorpio wrote:

OMG this one looks awesome. I don't think I saw this avatar when I was scrilling through the options. It's nice to see that starter avatars aren't as bad as we think, with a little help on clothing and hair they look great.

Those two have fairly decent skins, apart from the underwear. Having the ability to add make-up now is a huge boon, as it can really pick up a drab skin. Although it doesn't show in the photos, a decent AO makes all the difference too.

:D This is a brilliant idea Darren! Great thread. Lol, I had forgotten what's being a noob feel like, thanks to you, I've just spent an awsome moment! :smileyhappy:

Here's the basic noob: female rocker. This is not bad at all. Back in the old times when I started, newbies certainly didn't look that way!. 

noob1_001.jpg

And here's the (little bit less) newbie after some shopping. 

(Hair from A&A, dress from Vassnia. Shoes come from the library. 

noob1_002.jpg

The modesty underwear shows under the dress! :D

noob1_003.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.