Sign in to follow this  
Siryn Rosse

This week my partner and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary in SL...

..with that said, I still wouldn't recommend SL as a dating service in general... for all the reasons stated in other threads in this forum. But sometimes stuff does work out.

I guess it takes patience, honesty, and trust... in epic proportions.

Siryn Rosse wrote:

..with that said, I still wouldn't recommend SL as a dating service in general... for all the reasons stated in other threads in this forum. But sometimes stuff does work out.

Congratulations to you & your partner Siryn !!

ive only been in SL a ltl over 1 yr & already iv gone thru 3 bfs .. none of whom i officially partnered w/ but 1 who i had a Zoobie baby with & he gave me an engagement ring .. LoL .. i think its awesome that you & your partner have hung 2gether so long !!

Jeanne

I thought about throwing a party, but the weird thing is that none of our old friends are in SL much anymore, I don't have a club or anything, and I don't know any DJs that know any of the music we like AND who can keep the music going and stay off the damned mike. (DJ DRUNKY MCJIBBERSON IS IN DA HIZZOUSE, WHO IS UP FOR 2 MORE SOLID HOURS OF JAY-Z AND SKRILLEX WHILE I SHILL FOR TIPS AND MISPRONOUNCE ALL Y'ALLS NAMES!??!?! LET ME HEAR YOUR BEST GESTURES!!!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1111!!!)

So even though we met in SL, I think the party might have to be somewhere else. We're together in RL now anyway. That honky drove out to visit me and never left and that was over 3 years ago.

Congrats on your 5 years in SL and 3 years now in RL.   Thanks for sharing.  Love seeing these stories as I know of a few.

Congrats.gif

Siryn Rosse wrote:

I thought about throwing a party, but the weird thing is that none of our old friends are in SL much anymore, I don't have a club or anything, and I don't know any DJs that know any of the music we like AND who can keep the music going and stay off the damned mike. (DJ DRUNKY MCJIBBERSON IS IN DA HIZZOUSE, WHO IS UP FOR 2 MORE SOLID HOURS OF JAY-Z AND SKRILLEX WHILE I SHILL FOR TIPS AND MISPRONOUNCE ALL Y'ALLS NAMES!??!?! LET ME HEAR YOUR BEST GESTURES!!!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!1111!!!)

So even though we met in SL, I think the party might have to be somewhere else. We're together in RL now anyway. That honky drove out to visit me and never left and that was over 3 years ago.

That honky? :D

Siryn Rosse wrote:

Wow, Siryn---that is truly remarkable!  Big hugs to you two---and many more!:heart:

Congratulations, my partner and i will be 5 years next may.

It takes special people to last this long in SL, i live in Canada and she lives in England so we have to deal with the time difference (5 hours ) but we do ok.

Congrats ! In SL thats more than a lifetime.

5 years too but about RL problems i fear we won´t see often anymore. Work sucks!

@nikita: Tell me about Canada vs. Germany = 6 hours ! All the sleepless nights i went to work after she left for bed :matte-motes-confused:

Monti

That's a big leap in your marriage. Congratulations, now a days, it's really a miracle if newly wed couples last for 3-5 years. That's because they have an option now like filing a divorse if they feel that they lose affection to their partners.a

I'm writing a book about RL relationships started in SL. I've been married in RL now for one year to my SL partner. Would you be willing to chat with me in-world for my book? Email me at toni.kiranov@gmail.com