Sign in to follow this  
Sookie Perlmann

how can I run the new viewer with my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics card? Is it possible?

Question

That card is WAY underpowered for today's Second Life!  I found it near the very bottom of Tom's Hardware's graphics card hierarchy chart.

If you are using a desktop computer, upgrade your graphics card.  (Note, you may also need to upgrade your power supply.)  If a laptop, upgrade the laptop (and pay attention to what graphics are in it!  "Integrated" Intel 3000 and 4000 graphics are not guaranteed to work with SL.  You need a "discrete" graphics card.0

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

That card is WAY underpowered for today's Second Life!  I found it near the very bottom of Tom's Hardware's graphics card hierarchy chart.

If you are using a desktop computer, upgrade your graphics card.  (Note, you may also need to upgrade your power supply.)  If a laptop, upgrade the laptop (and pay attention to what graphics are in it!  "Integrated" Intel 3000 and 4000 graphics are not guaranteed to work with SL.  You need a "discrete" graphics card.0

• Like 1

Ms Sookie! Huggies! You can try Cool VL viewer found here, it is a V1 viewer which actually has the functionality to send items to the the Merchant Outbox. It is the only V1 viewer which can do this AFAIK. Give that a shot and hope it works for you.

ETA: I hope you kept the installer of the viewer which actually worked for you, as all you need the newer viewer for is to send items to the Marketplace, you can use another viewer for your day to day SL stuff.