"Dialog timeout; cancelled..." keeps spamming from my avatar

Sunou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did a little exploring with some of my friends on SL earlier today, only to find that once I log back on, my local chat window keeps getting spammed with:

"[21:10] Iona Gaidhlig: Dialog timeout; cancelled...
[21:10] Iona Gaidhlig: Dialog timeout; cancelled...
[21:11] Iona Gaidhlig: Dialog timeout; cancelled..."

in green text. It does not stop no matter what area I move to and I have no idea how to fix it. It keeps going on even when I switch between avatars and outfits as well. I can't go to the places I want with this spam, so I'm pretty much at a loss for what to do.

I don't know who Iona Gaidhlig is, either... but I'm making a guess in that it might have to do with some... "equipment" I was playing around with while my friends and I were exploring, for amusement's sake. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: I removed each item one by one (I didn't see anything suspicious) and tried wearing a library avatar, logging out and back in, but I am still getting the spam.

EDIT 2: FIXED. I clicked the small "i" icon beside the name Iona Gaidhlig in the chat box and blocked whatever it was. This worked! Thank you very much for the help. Tested it with a friend, and they no longer see it too.

3 answers to this question

Sunou wrote:

I don't know who Iona Gaidhlig is, either... but I'm making a guess in that it might have to do with some... "equipment" I was playing around with while my friends and I were exploring, for amusement's sake. But I could be wrong.

On the contrary, you could be very right. Look at your worn items and inspect each of them very carefully. Remove any suspicious attachment or object that you don't identify for sure as yours. You are maybe wearing a scripted object or AO wich is spamming your local chat.

If you can"t find what item is causing the trouble, detach EVERYTHING from yourself and wear one of the library avatars at your disposal in your inventory. Then log off and log back in to put on your usual shape, skin, hair, eyes, etc.

Since it's not something you're wearing, it must be something rezzed somewhere. I take it, from what you say, the spam pops up no matter where you are? And also that others can see it? If others see it when you are near them but not otherwise, I agree with Val - it still sounds like something you have attached. Don't know how that would be possible since you have changed outfits and everyting. 

In local chat, where the text comes up, you should find an information button. I don't have a viewer available so I don't know, but is there some information available about the object that could help you locate it so you could remove it or report it? From the information, you should also be able to block the object and/or the person. At least you won't get this text up in chat all the time.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.