"Prim" is now officially keyword spam.

Kampu Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a "heads up", everybody.

I guess this is sort of an important thing for Linden to enforce - right?

Because a prim isn't a prim unless it's a prim, except that now it's not a prim even when it is a prim, apparently.

Let's be glad that they have nothing more important to do with their time at this point than to remove prims that are listed as prims.

This is also a pretty good warning that an approximate replay of last September may already have begun.

One more thing to be thankful about, I guess.

Well, considering the fact that the MP is still not 'uptodate' regarding that merchants still have to specify an object's land impact in the slot 'prims', the Lab seems to have some consistency problems on their own, but can you be a little more specific and clear (not that your post was not fun to read)?

Regrads, Pan.

Gahhhh I'm very much a target for this. It's part of my basic introductory sentence that I use on the MP. I state that my jewellery is made of prims. This is an old-fashioned thingo I did from the start as ages back, many did jewellery which was merely a texture layer, so I wanted everyone to be sure I wasn't cheating, but making my own. From prims.

Gaaaaaah we can't win!!!!

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Gahhhh I'm very much a target for this. It's part of my basic introductory sentence that I use on the MP. I state that my jewellery is made of prims. This is an old-fashioned thingo I did from the start as ages back, many did jewellery which was merely a texture layer, so I wanted everyone to be sure I wasn't cheating, but making my own. From prims.

Gaaaaaah we can't win!!!!

I'm in the same boat.  Due to many of my products being 1 prim and the rest low prim, I use those (1x each - not spamming) in my keyword description.

I'd like to see where this communication came from as well please, Josh.

LOL - the nutters are taking over the nut house.

I was recently busted for having a listing called 'Empty Box' I created it for evaluating and testing search. It was  just a single prim listed as such and stated on the description that it was a search test only. Not knowing what category was best suited I chose to put it in building components after all it is a prim and they are always used for building.

Well not according to the marketplace police who removed it because it was in the wrong category. Off course they didn't  sugest which category my single prim empty box should  be placed in - that would involve thinking and we can't have too much of that can we?

^L^

Kampu Oyen wrote:

My reading of that didn't assume that the word "prim" was the keyword spam.  Of course I have no idea what keywords you used, but the only listing of the word "prim" in that letter was within the name of your product.

Lasher Oh wrote:

LOL - the nutters are taking over the nut house.

I was recently busted for having a listing called 'Empty Box' I created it for evaluating and testing search. It was  just a single prim listed as such and stated on the description that it was a search test only. Not knowing what category was best suited I chose to put it in building components after all it is a prim and they are always used for building.

Well not according to the marketplace police who removed it because it was in the wrong category. Off course they didn't  sugest which category my single prim empty box should  be placed in - that would involve thinking and we can't have too much of that can we?

^L^

Your listing was junk then using something that you didn't make, you just rezzed a blank prim.  You should have unlisted it after you did your test.

if you didn't unlist it, then you contributed to the junkification of the site and deserved to have it removed, even if the reason listed for the removal isn't one that makes sense.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kampu Oyen wrote:

My reading of that didn't assume that the word "prim" was the keyword spam.  Of course I have no idea what keywords you used, but the only listing of the word "prim" in that letter was within the name of your product.

I gotta agree here.  There is nothing that says prim was the keyword that caused them to pull your item. Assuming so just adds to the view that you are a conspiracy freak who jumps to conclusions without facts.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Kampu Oyen wrote:

"Prim" was the only keyword used, as anyone would have been able to see from checking the source code.

That word has since been removed from fields other than the extended description, and that is why you are no longer seeing it.

Of course, this is a slight improvement over the delisting for alleged keyword spam for items that are conspicuously use no keywords at all (as has been done in previous efforts to distract merchants from other types of abuse), but we haven't seen this in so long, we should have hoped it might not happen again.

But of course, this is September, and unprecedented numbers of SL users will be having their 65th birthdays on the 13th, 14th and 15th, successively, so there is a lot of social security moneyfor which LL may want to deprive itself again this year.

Any little bit of fail helps their cause, am I right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.