Sign in to follow this  
Andy23 Zabelin

delet account??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Question

17 answers to this question

Before you delete, please be aware that if you ever want the account back you will have to pay a $9.95 fee and there's a big chance that none of your inventory/Lindens will be reinstated.

• Like 4

:D Seriously, if you are using Internet Explorer, it can be one of the many bugs this browser has with the SL website. First try to clear IE's cache, quit an relog to your dashboard. If it does not fix it, use Firefox or Chrome. Good luck!

What is it with people who can't just use one question mark to denote a question?

A quote from an article on email etiquette which seems appropriate: "Refrain from using multiple !!!!! or ?????. Multiple exclamation points and question marks risk giving the perception that you are sarcastic and condescending. Do you understand??????"

If what Val suggests doesn't work, leave all groups, delete all Profile data, uninstall Second Life, delete the folders in AppData and walk away.

• Like 3

lol val, could be. :smileyvery-happy:

I see I have a lot of catching up to do on the Vanity Thread. Was away the past week in sunny Portugal and now trying to acclimatise from 32C + there to a dull 17C at home!

When you click to "delete account" you should get a mesasge on your screen giving you a notice that says your account is pending, and a date.  You might already be on borrowed time :matte-motes-wink:

As you've written asking a question, rather than starting a topic on the forums, it would be inappropriate of me to say I think it is almost criminal to be deleting an account that has a last name, and that in my experience, most people who delete their accounts end up coming back to ask how they can reactivate their account.

You might actually just need a new keyboard. Your question mark key seems to jam :matte-motes-tongue:

(/me waves at valerie and Irene - definitely the thread of the day so far - but it's early yet).

Echo has a point.  Accounts with surnames were discontinued over a year ago.  You are the owner of a rare and valuable antique!

Don't delete the sucker.  Save the password somewhere, uninstall SL, and forget about it...until the time you decide to try SL again.  You'll be immediately recognized as an "old hand".

• Like 1

I don't understand why people try to talk someone out of deleting their account. There are plenty of warnings before the software actually processes the request (not to mention a "cooling off period". I've noticed that almost every question concerning someone wanting to delete their account centers on some dissatisfaction with SL or LL (either by direct statements or cutesy little smart a$$ things like multiple question marks with responses such the one directly above this post by me). I say let them leave since they do nothing to help SL or any of us......I would just as soon to never see another post by them in the forums as long as they carry that attitude. Let them whine and cry when they decide that they want to come back and find that their old inventory is gone, all those Lindens are gone, they have to start over from the very beginning and be a newbie again. Let them cry outrage over having to pay LL the re-instatment fee of $9.95 and find LL cannot restore their old inventory. Let them rant about not being able to find the viewer they fell in love with before they left because SL has moved on or the TPV developer no longer offers that viewer for download.
All because they are unhappy and want the world to know it. But, decide to come back 6 months later because they got a new computer or they found they had a virus or they finally got around to defragging their hard drive or their video card finally failed and needed replacement. I say let them go......wish them well on the way out the door and then turn your back on them.

Aww Peggy. I guess it's just because we see other people as we see ourselves, and have seen far too many people have a 'drama moment' that makes them want to trash their account. Just saves time later explaining how to reactivate an account too. Or maybe we show we care, because we wish people would care for us too (again, seeing other people as we see ourselves). Maybe the majority of people really aren't worth the effort or the emotions, but if it's in our nature to reach out and attempt to give virtual comfort, it's often very satisfying when we get through to that person and they reconsider their original intentions.

Hope this explains a little why I, at least, will be one of those suggesting to a 'jumper' why they should not jump. :)

It's the two comments to iCade by the OP that set me off. iCade was very nice and trying to be helpful yet the OP, once again, played his/her little sarcastic game. The OP wants to delete their account. Then do it and stop with the retorts to people like iCade, Valerie, you and others. It's people like that that I couldn't care less if they left........they are not an asset to SL. Their leaving is best for people like you and others who really do care.

I'm hardened, I guess.

It wouldn't do for the world to be full of softies; we have to have balance. I wouldn't say you're hard, Peggy, just probably more practical. But if you and I got stuck in an elevator together, although I might look like a quaking wreck as I sat on the bottom of the lift waiting to be rescued, you can be sure I'd eat you first ^^