Mesh inworld, rigging Inworld

Imarny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there, Ok so I know 3ds max inside out I've created some clothes unwrapped rigged weighted etc. And anything I was confused about I looked up on youtube And easily found a video that help me with in seconds. I'm now up to the point where I know how to successfully import into second life, Tough when I attached my rigged item to my avatar it's just their, I'm not sure if I'm rigging it wrong or something, I know the rig works as I tested it in 3ds max but I'm not sure how to actually set it up to my avatar to move with it successfully or to fit it so the pants are on there waist not around the neck for example, would anyone know any good tutorials for rigging in 3ds max for second life And inworld attachments or any notes blogs, etc. Ive been looking but I come up with zilch, I know once I figure it out it will be easy to me I just need to find the right route in figuring out.

Thanks Imarny xx

Or narrow it down when you run into specific issues :)

I didn't quite understand if your rig wasn't rigged at all or that the wrong bones moved your object.

If the first is the case, make sure all 26 bones are specified in the dae file. If it's the second, I think either your bone names are in the wrong order or maybe your skeleton has some scaling/rotating isues. You need to keep the bones in the dae file where they are, then add the missing ones after it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, So I'm having a similar issue.  First, I've done everything on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Exporting_a_mesh_from_3ds_Max.

Now for some odd ball reason when I'm uploading so SL it come out distored.  Also when I check skinned and joints in the preview window it looks perfect.  But when I upload and try to wear it it snaps to my hand as if it's not a rigged mesh.  I've no idea what's happening.  I've no idea why SL recognizes the rigging in the previewer but not in SL itself.  If anyone has any idea why that could be happening please let me know.  Also if I get another link from someone to this http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Exporting_a_mesh_from_3ds_Max as if that page has the solution you need to be punched in the face.

Did you by any chance miss the obvious (something I missed myself recently) and did check the joints and skin under "Display" but forgot to check them in the upload options tab?

Slappy Kennedy wrote:

Also if I get another link from someone to this 
 as if that page has the solution you need to be punched in the face.

Excuse me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.