no linden homes

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ANyone else ever experience the "Im sorry you paid us for a linden home but there arent any more" message? Im a little ticked off because along with this message, instead of some guideline to how long this may take was some flip message about you didnt think we just pushed buttons did you and go watch twitter.

WRONG MARKETING STRATEGY PEOPLE!!!!

1) you apologize

2) you offer a window when the product will be available not a flip rude tough luck message

3) you offer me my money back or some kinda sweet discount--or maybe a sweet linden bonus to compensate for false advertising...you offered me a home, took my money and didnt deliver..feels like a bait and switch. what? all I get is this lame sandbox instead of a home??

4) give me a ReSPONSIBLE PROACTIVE place to easily find the housing update...not some stupid passive list of twitter tweets to wade through.

has anyone else encountered this we dont have what you paid for message? and if yes, can you give me some ball park for how long you had to wait?

If I knew it might be a day or so Id be okay with that..but this open ended, tough luck approach really has me angry. I sent an inquiry to support, but if I do not get a satisfactory response, facebook and google are gonna get my thoughts on this and my next paycheck just might find me on the oasis I have my eye on --on another grid.

tenly

Yes, it has happened before, particularly following a sale on premium membership. If you search the forum for posts about Linden homes you will find threads with similar complaints.   Eventually they will add more houses, but how soon that will I haven't a clue.  Perhaps someone who has experienced it in the past can help you out with a time frame.

Until they add to the stock they have, you can keep trying because someone may leave their home and it will then become available on a first com first served basis..  It may not be the one you want, but you can always switch houses once the one you want becomes available.

You may want to ask live support if they know when more houses will be added too.

Last time I think it was a few days until the backlog was filled (construction crews can't work 24/7, and aren't miracle workers). Might be a bit longer now as there's a weekend coming up.

I like my Linden Home. It's a nice little bugout to jump to when chased by rolling restarts or to meet friends in private. Not having to spend part of my prim allowance on the land to put down a home is a nice bonus, as is having it in a controlled area with no noisy clubs and laggy megamalls all around eating up sim resources (especially script resources).

1) you apologize They already did. Lately, that's all they do around here.

2) you offer a window when the product will be available not a flip rude tough luck message Sure, if u're willing to wait until hell frezzes over.

3) you offer me my money back or some kinda sweet discount--or maybe a sweet linden bonus to compensate for false advertising...you offered me a home, took my money and didnt deliver..feels like a bait and switch. what? all I get is this lame sandbox instead of a home?? No fat chance. Once they received u're money you are being ignored until ya give up.

4) give me a ReSPONSIBLE PROACTIVE place to easily find the housing update...not some stupid passive list of twitter tweets to wade through. LL and responsibility doesn't match. No matter what went wrong, they always blame it on their residents.

So....welcome to Second Life.....

gonna append this to indicate that while lindens nohomes message was rude, it was also inaccurate. it should have said, something like none available, try again later. I tried again about 24 hrs later or so and there were a few back in the box. they do not have a surplus, this is true..so you kinda gotta wait around until someone lets their home go and then grab it.

If I had even known that, Id have been content to wait.

Tenly wrote:

gonna append this to indicate that while lindens nohomes message was rude, it was also inaccurate. it should have said, something like none available, try again later. I tried again about 24 hrs later or so and there were a few back in the box. they do not have a surplus, this is true..so you kinda gotta wait around until someone lets their home go and then grab it.

If I had even known that, Id have been content to wait.

In fact the message does say "check back soon". The Lab should probably insert an extra paragraph to indicate homes can become available as a result of abandonment too but your claim that the message is rude is simply wrong and I am pasting the web page below so everyone can see for themselves. 

Most people when faced with a shortage of homes pen a question on Answers in a polite manner and get a polite reply telling them to check back as homes can be abandoned at any time and nobody, not even Linden Lab, can know when. Sometimes there are a number of homes available and sometimes few. It depends on what Premium offers are in place and the demand. When there is a real shortage Linden Lab create more sims and they have built hundreds of additional sims over the couple of years since Linden Homes were added as a bonus for Premium members. Before that, only the 512 sm tier allowance was given and you still have that option.

There really is no need for such anger. We're all residents like you here, no Lindens read the posts so just ask politely If you have an issue and we'll gladly help as best we can. Answers is probably the best place for issues like this.

Here is the Linden Home FAQ which is useful to have.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103

Linden Homes sold out.JPG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.