PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION? What is this and how can I set it?

Sangreal Arnica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've attempted loading several popular HUDS (Henmations, Abranimations, Animazoo, and others) and get a script window that says "Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" Where is this setting and how can I fix it?

I should say that I get this error in the SL Viewer and in the newer Firestorm viewer. It doesn't seem to be an issue in 123 or newer Phoenix.

System Info:

Second Life 3.4.0 (264194) Aug 30 2012 14:38:24 (Second Life Beta Viewer)
Release Notes

You are at 266,627.0, 311,062.0, 2,009.3 in Phoenix Breeze located at sim8969.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.41.145:13025)
Second Life Server 12.08.14.263480
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (2993.26 MHz)
Memory: 12251 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 620/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.8603
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.10426

Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 1,594/381,657 (0.4%)

Sangreal Arnica

6 answers to this question

That is a script error message, created when the script is supposed to stop some animation that you are using, but doesn't have permission to do it.  That sounds a little screwy, but it happens a lot.  Typically, you have been sitting on a pose ball or a scripted chair of some kind and have just stood up.  You gave permission to start an animation when you sat down, but that permission is revoked the instant that you stand up.  So the script screams its error message at you. 

The problem can be traced sometimes to poor scripting.  A newbie scripter can easily write code that tries to start or stop animations wihout asking first.  In your case, that's not likely, because you are using well-known commercial scripts that work fine for other people.  My guess is that you have been using the HUDs incorrectly.  Each of those HUDs should restart as soon as you attach them from inventory, and that should force the script to get permissions. Try detaching and then reattaching a HUD to see if that helps.  If not, select your HUD with your Edit tool and then use Build >> Scripts >> Reset Scripts to restart it.  If that doesn't work either, you may need to contact the creator for further advice, or at least read the instructions that came with the HUD.

ETA:  A script has no way of knowing which viewer you are using, or what computer you have, so those bits of information are nice to know but irrelevant. There are a handful of functions that require a viewer with a V3 codebase (like Firestorm or V3 itself) and would fail on 1.23 or Phoenix.  There are no functions that work only on V1, however.

• Like 1

Before a script can animate you (or stop an animation) it needs your permission so to do.   That's what the dialog boxes you may have seen when using dance balls, hug/kiss devices or some furniture are all about.

If you're sitting on something that needs animation permissions, or wearing it --- as normally you would be wearing a hud --  it still has to request animation permissions but these are granted automatically, and silently, so you don't see any dialog boxes.

What sometimes happens with huds is that the scripter doesn't allow for the possibility that, under certain circumstances,   the script doesn't have (or may have lost) animation permissions before trying to stop existing animations.   It's an annoyance, nothing more.   You should only see it when you're loading animations, and possibly when you wear the hud for the first time after loading them.   It shouldn't appear again, and it shouldn't affect the way the device operates.

There's nothing you can do directly to suppress the message, I'm sorry to say.   The scripter could, quite easily, so you may want to take it up with them.   I doubt it's anything to do with the viewer, and certainly not since you're getting it with the official viewer -- there are some settings in third party viewers that could be causing it, but I really don't think,  from what you describe, that that's the issue here.

• Like 1

Hi guys , i'm posting here about PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION.

I've a drink dispenser and inside it, there's avmenu script, avprop script and the drinks to "give".

In the drinks objects, there's avobject script, play animation script and the animation.

When you get a drink, it ask your permission to play the "hold animation" AND there's an error script from the drinks that say "Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" 😤  i've been searching on the internet on how to set the permission but Nothing clear.

So, if someone knows how to stop this error message it would be cool to let me know ! ☺️

@LAHIN Milo The answer is in the responses already posted in this ancient thread, above your post.  Innula put it very  succinctly:

On 9/1/2012 at 2:58 PM, Innula Zenovka said:

There's nothing you can do directly to suppress the message, I'm sorry to say.   The scripter could, quite easily, so you may want to take it up with them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.