Got a Eternet cable :D need advice

SLtesterL2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

alright so i recently found out SL is intolerant to wifi connection so i went to by a cable to hook my laptop to my house's router but im not exactly sure if im doing i right can some one give me help on how to use an eterenet cord in this was do i just plug it in an WA LAH its done or do i have to do something more to get the best of my SL? :3 thank you for your help everyone! :D

It is almost that easy. After you connect your Ethernet cable you must disconnect your WiFi connection in "network connections". You didn't say what OS your using, but if it's windows 7, all you need to do is click the little network connection box in the lower right corner (the one with the bars) That will bring up a list of available networks including the one you are connected to. Click on that one and it will give you the option to "disconnect". As soon as you disconnect, it will automatically use the ethernet connection (the little icon will change from "bars" to an "ethernet plug"). Just remember that as long as your computer can access the WiFi, it will automatically connect to it every time you boot up. So, every time I boot up and want to connect to SL, I disconnect it. If I'm just surfing the net or something I leave the WiFi on. Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.