trouble saving in world pictures to computer

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using Viewer 3 and this is my computer.

I am having trouble saving an in world snapshot to my computer.  It seems to save to my inventory just fine.  When I select save to computer the window asking where I want to save the file to pops up but when I try to select the location and save both SL and this window freeze for a moment.  Sometimes I will see "non responding" at the top of the file location window.  To resolve ths issue, I am closing the window and then SL unfreezes; however, the picture is not saved.

I have also tried saving pictures from my inventory to my computer but I have a similar result. 

When saving snapshots to my drive, there are several options for size of the pics, starting from screen size and ending with one where you can raise it as high as it can get (think mine is at 6k). So, when I make photos, all graphics are on ultra and I save them as big as I can, my whole viewer freezes for few seconds and I get that "(not respongind)". But it goes away after the pic is saved. Have you tried to make snapshots are lower graphic settings and change sizes?

Try this: In preferences (or whatever your viewer calls the setting menu) disable the viewer from popping-up windows when you recieve cerain things. It makes it so it's using less energy of your computer when you take a snapshot. Of course, if you're using the in-game snapshot button, this will fix the problem. The viewer disconnected me  every time I tried to save something from SL into my computer, but when I disabled it, I could do it without getting disconnected! If you're using a sepreate program from the viewer, then I don't know how to help you.

Tamara Artis wrote:

When saving snapshots to my drive, there are several options for size of the pics, starting from screen size and ending with one where you can raise it as high as it can get (think mine is at 6k). So, when I make photos, all graphics are on ultra and I save them as big as I can, my whole viewer freezes for few seconds and I get that "(not respongind)". But it goes away after the pic is saved. Have you tried to make snapshots are lower graphic settings and change sizes?

I tried saving the picture to a smaller size and it saved without problem.  Thanks for the suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.