Wack Zane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Riaz Loopen wrote:

Above is the JIRA created for this issue, lets hope LL can sort this out soon.

Unless you can give a reproduction of the issue, this JIRA will go nowhere. And since you seem unwilling to work with anyone, I guess there will never be any reproduction.

I posted some code, I suggest you try it and think about what I said in the post. Otherwise, you're just wasting everyone's time.

jimmy420 Firecaster wrote:

[...] none of the repliers have even put this hud on too even say its the hud misty tool has nothing on this assist nor flight feather [...]

Look, first we were told that it happened without any flight assist at all. Then we were told it happened with any flight assist, and MystiTool was named specifically. 

So if it does not happen with MystiTool (I'm not sure it doesn't; I'm still not 100% sure I know what I'm looking for), that may be a big clue to what specifically has changed, which would be useful to add to the jira. Do we know for sure, one way or another, whether MystiTool's flight boost fails to show the problem?

Also, Dari's script may be a very big clue. Has anybody who experiences the problem tested Dari's script to see if that's similar to what they've been seeing?

In the jira comments, Riaz Loopen says that MystiTool (on Fasterer and Sideways) reproduces the problem. So I spent a an hour or so with MystiTool flying all over Zindra in every combination of up/down and back/forward. I think I finally may have seen the problem three times (out of thousands of control transitions), but this was so rare that I couldn't figure out if there was any pattern in what I was doing to trigger the effect.

Is the problem really that infrequent, or is whatever I saw something other than the problem we're trying to reproduce?

What I thought I saw was very much like what happens when you turn off Develop / Network / Velocity Interpolate Objects -- except with that disabled, it happens all the time.

I did also see some... hesitation, I guess... in a very crowded sim with 0 spare time. The sim (Eichorn Cove) wasn't particularly lagged, but had over 30 agents in it, so both Physics Time and Agent Time were consistently over 5ms, with some lag spikes that may have caused the hesitation I saw. I have no idea whether the behavior I saw was any different from normal for a sim with such a load, nor whether that hesitation is at all related to the problem. What I'm getting at is that Pathfinding itself contributes some tiny amount to Physics load, so I'm wondering how much if any of the actual problem is attributable to that. (If it happens in unloaded sims, too, then that wouldn't be the case.)

The reason I'm interested in this problem is that there seem to be a number of issues involving lost object updates from the sim to the viewer, which have crept in over the past couple of months. First, a number of us started noticing that the viewer just wasn't showing objects until right-clicked, much more than in the past. Then, apparently more or less coinciding with the Pathfinding-related releases, there were reports that scripted object changes are sometimes needing an extra "nudge" to be sent to the viewer. This current flight problem suggests avatar updates may also get dropped under some conditions. Of course, these could all be unrelated.

Wack Zane wrote:

It is a jira now.

Thousands of people cant b wrong when they encounter a bug.

Except so far it seems to be two peple, not thousands. If you can't create some kind of consistent reproduction, nothing is gong to happen. We're trying to help, but nobody seems to want to actually put any effort into solving the issue on the 'reporting side'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.