adult verification

Dimpz Morane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-restricted-content/ta-p/700021

When you register for Second Life, you provide your birth date, because you are required to be at least 16 years old. Exception: those 13-15 years old allowed if they are restricted to the estate of a sponsoring organization. For more information, see Teens in Second Life.

To access adult content, you must confirm that you are at least 18 years old by visiting the age verification web page.

Verifying your age

To visit Adult-designated regions in Second Life or view Adult-rated search results, you must:

1. Confirm that you are 18 years of age or older through the age verification web page
  2. Set your Viewer preferences to view adult content.  See Accessing Adult land and content for instructions.

For information on what constitues adult content, see Maturity ratings.

How to change your preferences to view adult content

Even if you are 18 or older, you still need to opt in to view adult content.  Download the latest Viewer.

32px-KBtip.png Tip: At the top of your Viewer, you can choose Help > About Second Life to check your Viewer version.

Log into Second Life, then follow these steps in the Viewer to set your maturity preferences:

1. Choose Me > Preferences (or Ctrl-P) and click the General tab.
  2. Choose General, Moderate, Adult from the I want to access content rated: dropdown menu.
    320px-Kb_maturity_settings.png
  3. Click OK.
Congratulations! You may now visit any publically accessible land in Second Life, regardless of its maturity rating.
32px-KBnote.png Note: If your preferences are not set to allow adult content and you attempt to enter an adult-rated parcel or region, you receive a prompt allowing you to either cancel the teleport or instantly update your access preferences to General, Moderate, Adult.
  • Like 1

There is no longer an age verification process. Now when you sign up you will provide your date of birth. If the date you enter puts you as being below the age of 18 you are automatically locked in as a minor until you turn 18 and will be unable to access anything other than PG land. If the date you entered puts as being older than 18 then you are automatically considered an adult and should be able to access PG, M and A land.

EDIT: and as far as I know the age verify page has been taken down. I have short memoy so I cannot recall if the last alt I made which was back in February was asked to enter a birthdate at signup or not. So the question is, IF you registered prior to this Age thing change which was recent, how do you go back and enter a birthdate?

• Like 1

Hi Shikûba. You were born in SL yesterday. Some adult places restrict their access to residents older than 30 days (and sometimes places also restrict access to people having registered payment information). You SL age is very probably why you cannot access certain adult places. Just wait until you are a bit older to visit these spots and in the meantime, enjoy visiting other ones! SL is a huge place and lots of fun things can be done across the grid. Welcome to Second Life! :=)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.