Profile Pictures Offered

Carl Dana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. This isnt my first time posting on the forums, but it is my first time posting on his particular topic.

Im basically here looking at what the market is like for professionally done profile pictures. Myself, I am very skilled with Photoshop and using the ingame tools to make, if I do say so myself, excellent profile pictures.

I have set up a blogger page so that I can advertise my work and people can talk to me when I am not online. Any help that you can give would be very much appreciated. The site is linked below:

SL Profile Pictures

The market is full of people who do all kinds of pics, not just profile. 

Working alone is good when you have some experience and can form a group of clients that you can call yours. Think of how many clients you had 'till now. Its also good when you know people (business owners who are willing to hire and promote you). Or if you have extra lindens that you can spend on advertising and rent. Yes you need an inworld location, people read blogs and forums but many of them just go and use inworld search. When working alone you need to cover all areas.

Bad side is that you ask people to get the poses, clients like to show up looking all great and let us to do all the work, buying a pose that they will use only once is not what you can see every day. Also, your prices are pretty high for someone who has only 2 works to show. 

I would suggest you go and see some photo studios, see if you can get a job there. Yes they take a part of the earnings but they also do all the advertising (which means you can focus on your work only), they let you use tons of poses and props, offer you constant training and help with your work. And the most important thing - steady flow of clients. All you need to do is be online and answer when someone pages you.

I was working for a studio for a year before I opened mine, it helped me see how things work and to get some clients who prefer that I do their photos. 

There are many people there who can spend thousands of lindens for pics, who make albums just for fun but to get those people come to you, needs a hard work. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.