Pie!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you wonder "uh what?", don`t worry :-)

After the need to google a specific thing from my past, i ended up reading half of my +3000 posts for the past several hours and just wonderd how many of the old timers are still around.

The ones from the ancient past will most likely remember, including the very bad grammer, or the Chaos o.O
Just a bad case of nostalgy :-)

Off to sleep as some things never change (work).

I guess I quality as an "old timer".  This avatar first regestered on the forums in April, 2006.  I first joined SL in October, 2005 with another account and that account did not participate in the forums but just lurked. 

I remember Pie.  Once in a while someone shouts "Pie" at the Forum Cartel.  :)  But I haven't been there in ages. :(

I've been around a while.  I read the old forums, did not post a lot, but I do miss them.  There was very lively discussion.  It was a real community.  I never thought of them as being rowdy, as was their reputation.  I cut my social teeth on Usenet.  Everything is calm compared to that.  

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I've been around a while.  I read the old forums, did not post a lot, but I do miss them.  There was very lively discussion.  It was a real community.  I never thought of them as being rowdy, as was their reputation.  I cut my social teeth on Usenet.  Everything is calm compared to that.  

I sooo miss the old forums and agree that it was a community.  I joined SL on May 1, 2007 and began reading the forums regularly.  I remember Pie, the Forum Cartel, Trout's "s1ut ratings," the Undying Thread, etc.  Many of the people who were regulars then are likely on SLU.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I sooo miss the old forums and agree that it was a community.  I joined SL on May 1, 2007 and began reading the forums regularly.  I remember Pie, the Forum Cartel, Trout's "s1ut ratings," the Undying Thread, etc.  Many of the people who were regulars then are likely on SLU.

Those were the days. Never seemed to happen after the old forums were replaced with the JIVE based ones, then these ones. The old crowd moved on. 

Marianne McCann wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Those were the days. Never seemed to happen after the old forums were replaced with the JIVE based ones, then these ones. The old crowd moved on. 

Woot!!! Marianne!!! /waves wildly

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Still miss a few names
:/

I know of several of the "oldbies" who left SL, others are in IW or other grids, and, according to what one of the former regulars tells me (who is now in IW), some of the oldbies are on SLU.  Wish we could round some more of them up and start another undying thread. *Grins*

• 2 weeks later...

i guess im a midbie, i started at the very end of the vb and grow up in jive, i miss also the old regulars, specially since this new forums started, but i came into the conclusion that i respect their decision of how often they want to be here, we dont really know if they have other things in their rl that prevent them for coming, or other factors, but they are welcome here anytime they want to come. i also came into the conclusion that is a natural process that the old will have its ending, but there will always be new regulars, new spirits as passionate as the old regulars were, and we must celebrate that they are here, bringing their new perspectives and wisdom and humor to this forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.