Pathfinding and th Viewer

arabellajones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We do not yet have pathfinding support in any official viewer.

Good.

Pathfinding need cler docuentation, and the current warning messges, appearing in TPVs and development viewers, are likely to terrify new customers. They are not the people who, moving into a region, will know they are not the "moving objects" referred to.

"What have I done wrong that I have to click on a button to fix it?"

And what's the point of a JIRA? I can't talk like a programmer. I wan't taught how to diagram my native tongue like it was some formally-specified programming language. I write poetry, not Pascal or Perl. I know all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire.

But the Lindens? Talking with a Linden is like trying to get a straight answer out of Al Capone's pet rock

So, there are a lot of infos about the 'how' of pathfinding, but I haven't found any infos about the 'why' of pathfinding. Are there some infos why objects can move around on a defined 'navmesh' now? I don't see any benefits in this, I only experience more rezzing  problems on pf enabled regions as well as  massive fps drops during 'region rebakes'.

Jeannie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.