Sign in to follow this  
Emma Krokus

Failed delivery :( (Direct Delivery)

Hi guys:)

Noticed a failed delivery, contacted customer who was still interested but told me he had been charged.

Oh dear!

So I told him he would get a refund within 8 hours, and if not, to raise a support ticket. I also submitted a support ticket. He later told me he is no longer interested... /me cries.

What would you have done in my situation?

And - how does Direct Delivery fail...?

Emma :)

Why do you wonder? Marketplace was always  influenced by failed delivery, you could also ask why the magic box failed sometimes without a reason. There is absolutly no reaso for a support ticket. There won't be any help.

Just send the object again to the customer, if he reports to you that he didn't get his product.

I recently saw a "Delivery Failed" as well. On one of my higher volume Freebies. It wasn't at the same time as another delivery of the same product, and it didn't appear the customer did anything wrong .. and yet the delivery failed. I was at first concerned that the copy of the product stored on the Marketplace was somehow corrupt, so I used an alt to purchase a copy myself. Perfect delivery, no issues. Hmmmm ... ???

How DD fails is beyond me. I'd guess the Commerce Dev Team would have to investigate and determine why. But I have serious doubts that will ever transpire. After all, it's probably a 1% or lower failure rate .. and in most situations that's a very enviable rate of error.

Let the system run its event before contacting any one,I am a market place shopper and have been for many years .

I never shop in world any more and I find more and more people are using market place as a main resource for buying objects lately .

I only have a issue once and a while and a user I just let it ride 24 hours to see if I get a refund or a object sent .

The system can take time and I think it is better if we all just let it do it thing ,it should correct it self .

As a seller on market place I do the same,I wait until either the user contacts me or I check back and it shows refound and hope they pick me again.

If you build a good product and invest time ,money and marketing into your sales approach they will be back to buy it.

Hi Syo:)

With magic boxes, it was easier to understand failed deliveries... not so with DD.

I hope the customer would be refunded - even if he doesnt want to order again - and maybe me doing a suppport ticket too might help with that.

Should I have sent the item even if I haven't been paid? Would you do that and why?

Hi Dora:)

I do feel for the customer - he's out of his money and without anything to show for it. I guess I am not altogether surprised he doesn't want the order anymore now. It's a shame I lost a sale but I also wondered if I lost a customer as I didn't redeliver the item even though I hadn't been paid.

Hi Darrius:)

I've had this item deliver without problems before, but I will try a test delivery just in case. Thanks for that advice:)

There have not been too many failed deliveries for me (and only with freebies which I then deliver to the customer direct because they really are there for promotional purposes). You're right... this isn't too bad a failure rate.

And I expect the Commerce Development Team are up to their eyes in stuff that still needs sorting...

Emma:)

Added: Test delivery was fine...

Hi Tammy:)

Sorry to hear you've given up on inworld shopping - of course I fully understand that there are many issues with buying stuff inworld.

Happy to hear you've only had one Markeplace purchase issue - from what you've written it sounds like you were refunded eventually...? Which would be good.

Maybe I shouldn't have written a ticket myself but just trust in the process...

You only have the "customer's" word for his desperate financial situation:smileywink:
I wouldn't blame you if you made a redeliver, I might do that in a given situation.
It shows a good heart and may create goodwill.

Hi Emma,

I have had 2 confirmed Failed Deliveries while on DD (Order #s 1298532014 and 1294538709). In both cases, the item was not delivered, the customer was not charged (or received a refund), and no funds were deposited in my account.  I posted the info in another thread back in June (http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/marketplace-sales-failing-money-not-returned/m-p/1581249#M24698) and the Commerce Team responded:

"Thank you for providing the order number, Arwen. We will take a look.

And please do file a JIRA or submit a support ticket if you see any additional Direct Delivery failures.

Thank you!"

Since I have not had any other Failed Deliveries on DD and did not see any reports of them here, I did not file a JIRA. Probably best to alert CTL (through Support) of your situation and the transaction details so they can investigate.

Hi Arwen :)

Yes, I also had a response to my ticket in much the same vein.. I will file a JIRA if this keeps happening.

For the moment, I'll sit tight and watch whether the percentage of failed to successful deliveries grows.

Emma:)

Emma Krokus wrote:

... Added: Test delivery was fine...

Same result I got .. which deepened the mystery as to why the purchase failed. *sigh* Well, we'll hope they find a way to hit 100% reliability. But tbh, that's a level of performance that is unrealistic to expect .. especially when talking about technology-based things.

I had a similar issue... The customer successfully received the item and was charged. however, I never received payment. my transaction historysays "being delivered" still and it's been more than 8 hours.... Should I be worried?

Lily Kanashimi wrote:

I had a similar issue... The customer successfully received the item and was charged. however, I never received payment. my transaction historysays "being delivered" still and it's been more than 8 hours.... Should I be worried?

Apparently the Marketplace got "stuck" again earlier. If the order is still showing "Being Delivered" then it may stay that way until late Monday when the Marketplace Dev Team notices and pushes it through. Hopefully it gets resolved by late Monday. If not then you may have to file a support ticket to get resolution.

@Lily - I'm in the same situation. Order #1305946209 is stuck in "being delivered" since Oct 12th.

@ Darrius - It'll be interesting to see if these are pushed through. At one point earlier this year, CTL/Devs were pushing things through (for instance the Valentine's Day stuck orders), then they stopped. At that point, Support directed anyone having the issue to add their info to the JIRA regarding this issue. Periodically, the devs pushed things through that were listed there (I was fortunate and mine got pushed through), but then it stopped completely. There were people reporting there who didn't get things pushed through. 

This same thing happened last weekend, and the one order I had stuck was pushed through on Monday. Let us hope they not only get them pushed through tomorrow, but (look for and) find the issue that is causing this to happen two weekends in a row.

/me crosses his fingers ... 

Darrius Gothly wrote:

This same thing happened last weekend, and the one order I had stuck was pushed through on Monday. Let us hope they not only get them pushed through tomorrow, but (look for and) find the issue that is causing this to happen two weekends in a row.

Darrius! You were right :) The order just completed (and it is Monday as you predicted). I hope others are also seeing the completed transactions.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Darrius! You were right
:)
The order just completed (and it is Monday as you predicted). I hope others are also seeing the completed transactions.

YAY!! I finally got one right! *chuckles*

Now they just need to identify what sequence of events is causing the whole machine to seize up and shove some transactions onto side-rails awaiting manual intervention on Monday. And of course it wouldn't hurt if they'd take some time on the weekends to review the "pending queue" and push them through. After all, the Marketplace IS a 24-hour, 7-day full-time operation. It's a shame they do not support it in the same manner.